Sunday, April 22, 2012






So that's what I wore today, except I changed to a black blouse and a
 brown suede jacket, which matched the boots nicely.  The service was good
and a couple different guys asked me about what I thought about the play
I'd seen yesterday (they were there also) -so the first question was
what was it all about? (the play is Time Stands Still) I thought that the
key scene was where the two female actors were talking about whether
as a photographer you should interfere (to save someones life or alter events)
but I thought that was an interesting comparison between a woman who
goes into being directly  very involved ( as a mother with a child)
versus a career woman who is working for a social good by not getting
involved personally, just witnessing it as a photographer -so two
people two very different paths, and neither is right or wrong -so that was
an interesting dynamic as as the one woman grew into her motherhood role
and the other recovered from her injury and worked towards going back
to doing her photo journalism - and as I told someone else who asked me I thought
it was good, but it was a very feminine oriented play -the two male actors
were pretty superficial and secondary, and not very interesting, so if I'd
been identifying with the male actors I might not have liked it as much,
but hey I was all dolled up, so I got to root for the girls yesterday....
anyways I liked it, they weren't so sure

A friend of mine showed up late for service, she got a ride over after she
hit a pot hole and blew out two tires (both on the same side) -she asked
me for a ride home after service and of course I agreed, so we're talking
about it and she says she was very lucky to have been able to safely pull
over afterwards, and I said it was a good thing she was on the way to
church when it happened ( blowing out two tires both on the same side
is a very dangerous thing, and that's a serious pothole, so to be safe
like that is good fortune)

I called a guy friend (not a boy friend, a guy friend) about going to a drum circle
so that was my objective for the day to go to a drum circle.  I had some
time to kill so I went over to the Bell Museum (no it's not full of bells, it full
of stuffed animals, very 19th century -dioramas with stuffed birds and mammals,
it's actually pretty interesting and free on Sundays)

as I'm walking past a bar a couple college age guys are sitting outside a bar,
watching me, and I'm thinking oh no, here it comes, and one guy smiles and says.
"those are some killer boots!" and I say "oh. thank you" and smile back , but he
so young, I mean literally he may have been half my age, so he was just being
\nice, but it was fun

oh a little trivia, so I wound up using the restroom several times this weekend
(very unremarkable I will admit) but I didn't use the Men's restroom once all weekend,
it just feels too weird using the men's room when I'm all dressed up and it
doesn't seem to be a problem really -but I still avoid crowded Women's restrooms

Anyways after the museum I went over to the coffee house, and I have some very
good, top secret news -and I'm going to hold off on the news because it involves
other people -but it's very exciting news but some other people I know have to
agree to do it -it's very exciting

So by this time it's time to meet my guy friend for the drum circle, so I drive
over there and there are a bunch of people there, some drums, but no drum
circle yet, just people milling around, so me and my friend go for a walk and
talk about stuff, and come back and still no drum circle so we decide
to go off a little ways and start our own jam (just sitting on some towels
on the grass) and we're playing when a mother brings her one year old
child over and the kid is super cute and fascinated with the music and
he's barely able to stand but he's dancing, and everyone is laughing watching
this -so that was fun and by this time the drum circles started but it's gotten
pretty late and my friend gives me a hug and head home and I think about
going over to the drum circle and joining in, but it's late, I've been in drag
for almost 11 hours now, and besides, I'm kind of a chicken when it comes
to meeting people, so yeh I kind of chickened out and didn't actually
join in on the drum circle, I don't know -sometimes I just chicken out
what can I say, but what ever, it was a fun day


PS -this is funny




Spirit Airlines issued an apology and pulled a racy ad spoofing the Secret Service Colombian prostitution scandal that many people found offensive.
The Secret Service said Friday that three of its agents under investigation for allegations of misconduct in Colombia have resigned, NBC News reported. In all 12 agents have been implicated, including one who was "cleared of serious misconduct" but will still face administrative action, the agency said.

Spirit Airlines' ad featured women in pink bikinis around an agent implying secrecy and the slogan "More Bang for your Buck" for flights to Cartagena, Colombia – the location of the scandal – as well as other destinations.

of course it's the Secret Service that should be apologizing, and I haven't heard that.

No comments:

Post a Comment