Thursday, April 19, 2012



I had a really fun night - I went to the play Hay Fever at the Guthrie with a transwoman
friend and afterwards we stopped for a drink at the Eagle Bolt, well she stopped for
a drink , it was tofer night, so I stayed for another "drinks" after she left and sat down
with a couple guys just to chat , and after I bit I headed home, well I thought I was
headed home, but I got turned around a bit, and a few minutes later I saw the 94 east
on ramp, and so why not? and I was off to the Townhouse in St Paul (it's only about
a 5 or 10 minute drive)

So I'm in the bar and decided to throw some darts and I throw three darts and one
hits the board almost, and falls on the floor,  one misses the board, and the other was
a really bad throw - now even before I can go walk over in my heels and pick up the
darts and try to regain some dignity, a young lady has scurried over and picked up all
three darts and smiling hands them back , and I'm feeling very silly at this point.  so I
have to regain my macho a little bit, and I joke about how in the heels I'm throwing "on
a downhill slope" , but she isn't buying that I'm really quite athletic (no seriously I am)
anyways I concentrate and throw three on the board all in the inner ring, so my dignity
was restored, well a little bit at least

but I had a fun time and a guy showed me around and introduced me to some people
and I chatted with a couple and their friend at the pool table and with a lady who thinks
drag queens are wonderful, and several guys smiled at me, but here, at this bar,
I'm realizing the girl (or drag queen) is supposed to initiate things -so the guy smiles
at you and then if you are interested, you walk over and say hi  -it helps that I'm
starting to relax enough when I'm dressed up to start picking up more of what's
going on around me, and not really minding that I'm by myself and not really
doing anything -it's OK to just watch the dancers or go outside, BS with the
smokers and come back in, but just hang out, relax, and talk to people, and
after a couple hours call it a night -but it was fun and I got home about 2am
so I'm still pretty tired this morning.

practice tonight (in boy mode) another afternoon play on Saturday, church on Sunday

I've lost five pounds from the disasterous weigh in last week

No comments:

Post a Comment