Tuesday, April 10, 2012





Drag #4

I sit on a bench in my blue skirt
and matching blue jacket
and fumble in my purse for the phone

I open it and look at the time
I put it back in the purse
again

I pull the hem of my skirt down
I glance at my ankle-high black boots
with the peek toe
and the 4" heels

I'm not really dressed for sitting
at the Mall of America
on a painted steel bench, alone

I've been sitting and waiting for 10 minutes,
some people walk by and don't notice me,
some notice me and walk by, some stare,
nobody smiles,
you don't smile at the guy in the blue dress
waiting,

I text "@ the Mall"

I thought I was meeting someone
he said he would be here
but he's not here
I'm pretty sure he's not coming
but I'm waiting
just to be sure,

I might not be a woman,
or a real woman or whatever
but he'll never ask me out again
and I want to make sure I remember
what it was like, just in case he ever does
in a state of drunken masculine stupidity,
I want to remember
I want it etched in my brain
"You coward!"

the neurons and neurotransmitters
and psychologically effecting chemicals
 floating across the synapses in my brain
do their work and form that memory,
 etch it in my brain

sitting and waiting alone

so I sit and I wait alone

I take the phone out of my purse and text
"I won't wait any longer"
stand up
and walk out


;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;End of Poem - start of blog;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;


 I got another interview set up for tomorrow and like I said
 I really need a job, so I'll be in boy mode -but I'll
be dressed up in the evening.  I won't be at the
drag contest -it's just too expensive to compete right now,
especially when you consider wear and tear, but when
I get a job I'll be back competing and in some new
outfits too, so that'll be a lot of fun.



In the mean time "Win a Date with Stacy!" is still open
just go to the last post and enter your comments so far the
response has been really unimpressive, so your odds of
winning are pretty good (Honestly I don't think I'd really
do it, but who knows, I might, I don't know, if you were
nice, I might give it a shot, why not?)

So two interviews and then dressing up and going out on Wednesday
Thursday I practice with my band
Friday I might dress up and go out
Saturday I'm going to a movie la Traviata in HD by the Met Opera,
Sunday Church then go out someplace other than Como Park
for a change


hopefully by next week I'll be working again



No comments:

Post a Comment