Tuesday, March 27, 2012





What a nightmare, I'm coming back from a really nice day,
and I hit a city bus with my truck -nobody was hurt and
the damage was minimal but, what a mess -so it is possible
to have a bad day in drag

I've been dressed up all day -I went to a Job Fair and made
some good contacts, dropped off some resumes had a very
fun and possibly productive morning then I went over to the
Church and changed out of by business skirt into what I
was jokingly calling my "bad luck outfit" -because it was the
same blouse and jean skirt I'd worn to the St Patrick's Day
parade and was really treated rudely by several drunks-
anyways I talked to a guy there a bit then did my boiler thing
and then went over to a trans friendly coffee shop, sat outside
with my dog and had a good turkey and cheese sandwich
for lunch.  then I went over to Lake Calhoun and walked around
lake (about 3 miles) and my feet were a little sore(I was wearing
boots with low heels) but with one stop I made it around and talked
to a couple guys and smiled at a couple girls and everyone was
really nice to me so I decided to take the dulcimer out of the
truck and sit on a bench and play it a bit, and I did and after
about a half hour or so I decided it was time to go home,

I'm driving along in Edina and I get stuck behind a bus, but I'm in
no hurry, so the Bus pulls over and stops so I steer to the right
to go around him and with oncoming traffic, it's tight, but it
really shouldn't have been a problem but today it was,
SMASH goes my passenger side mirror -it's a big
truck mirror that sticks out about a foot - and I tore it
clean off - I pulled over and got out and got on the
bus an exchanged information - the driver was pretty
decent about it but he had to call it in because that was
the procedure -so we wait for the Metro Transit police
to arrive and the passengers get tired of waiting and
hop on the next bus - so I'm talking to the bus driver
about how many trans people he sees per day (two
or three per day was his estimate) and other general
conversational stuff and finally the Transit Police arrive
and they take all the information and write a report,
and it's all not all that big a deal until they tell me that
my License is expired and that I can't drive my truck
and they are either going to tow it or someone has to
come and drive it, so I panic at first and generally
freak out and finally I think of calling a woman
friend of mine, and she drives over and drives
the truck away.  So I've got a citation for an expired
license -it's really not expired but I'll have to take care
of it tomorrow ( actually I wrote about the whole
prior incident in trans-honey about a year ago I think
-essentially I renewed my license but there was a paper
work snafu regarding a driving course I took instead
of going to court -they lost the record that I attended-then
they found it-and I have written documents of all this)
So anyways the whole time all this is going on, I'm
wearing my skirt and heels and wig and makeup and
all and going "yes I'll go get my license, it's in my purse"
and all that and it really wasn't fun, it kind of sucked
but I'm home and I'm back in boy clothes and I called
the insurance agent, and I found the paperwork to show
I have (or should have) a valid license, but what a crappy
day.  Oh and the woman who picked me up, is mad at me
now for being a jerk to her when she picked me up, and my
mom was there at home when I walked in, in my skirt and all
(she's seen me in drag at least once before, since I came out to
her, but I've been trying to avoid her seeing me dressed up -
I don't think she really realizes how much I do this stuff)
anyways - the damage done:
1 truck mirror smashed
1 accident on my insurance
1 citation for no license -which I should be able to get out of
1 pissed off friend
1 semi-embarrassing moment with mom

what a mess, but I'm fine, my dog's fine -I should still be able to
dress up tomorrow night for the play -after I drive over to the
take care of the License nonsense -it really isn't expired,so
I'm not breaking the law -seriously
I just have to be careful changing
lanes without the mirror - but what a mess, anyways yuck....

No comments:

Post a Comment