Thursday, March 8, 2012




so 24 hours in drag -the first time ever for me -  Quick summary: At the
 Job Fair  I handed out a few resumes and everyone was very polite and
took me serious, stopped at a friends house and looked at his ice maker,
but wasn't able to fix it (the problems in the board) Went to the Art Institute
to kill some time I stopped off at the church for the routine maintenance
thing before the Trans Support group,after the trans support group went to a
Gay bar for a drink, then walked over to the Gay90's for the Amateur Drag
Finals where I was a contestant -flirted with a couple girls, kissed another girl,
the Hostess congratulated how well I'd done with a peck on the cheek (very nice)
 I wore 5 different outfits during the course of the 24 hours and drove home
(alone of course) in a sort of inebriated state about two  in the morning so
I'm pretty tired today - whew so that's the short summary.


So the long version - I've been trying to arrange a date with a guy on line and I got
a hold of a couple tickets for the Guthrie production of Hay Fever, for almost nothing,
so I emailed him and asked if he wanted to go with me - this was first thing in the
morning and later in the afternoon I got an email back and turns out he doesn't want
to be seen in such a public setting because he's married, so that was that, and at the trans
support group I asked the girl I went with last time if she wanted to go again, and she
 was excited about it, so that's all set

So after I sent the email out I got ready for the Job Fair at the Convention Center in
Minneapolis.  I wore a nice black skirt, pink jacket, black boots and when I went to
register the lady said the jacket looked nice.  I actually am extremely well qualified
for one position, so well qualified that I seriously thought about going dressed as a
guy and giving them my resume that way, but the more I thought about it the more I felt
that this is how I'd like to show up for work and it'd make me happy, and I just
really wanted to be able to say that I really did at least once take the chance and
try get a job being honest and open - so I probably shot myself in the foot, but
I'm kind of proud of this and I presented my qualifications and we talked seriously,
and she took me seriously, and so I can say I did it, even if I don't get the job,
and I know I  probably won't.

anyways I called a friend who wanted to see if he could get his ice machine to
work and I spent an hour or so helping him troubleshoot, but didn't get it to work,

Then I went over to the art museum,which is a fun place to go and walked around
for a couple hours then went to my church to do my volunteer maintenance thing,
and I took this chance to get out of my professional looking outfit into a jean skirt
and a purple top then went to McDonalds to eat -this is the first money I'd spent
all day -the Job Fair and Art Museum are free then I went to the Trans Support
group. then I had some time before the drag contest so I drove downtown
and parked and walked along Hennepin ave to a Gay bar had a beer (but it
just wasn't a comfortable place to be if you were a guy in a dress, so I
finished my beer and walked back grabbed my case full of clothes and
stuff and went in the 90's and started getting ready for the contest.

There were 6 contestants including myself and the other girls are really
talented (I didn't win of course) I got up and played my harmonica and
a couple girls were pretty enthusiastic about my playing so I hung out with
them and we flirted a bit and it was fun, and in my spare time, I also ended
up talking to another girl, and she wanted me to kiss her, so I did and
that's fun, but so I get to thinking - I go to these bars and I'm meeting
young single fun attractive women who are interested in meeting me
and talking and having a good time or I can go in a Gay bar and sit all
alone or go online and meet married guys who don't want to be seen
in public with me and I can't help but thinking maybe I really am being
incredibly stupid - I mean I like women, I admire women, let's be honest
 I don't want to surgically become a woman but if I could find
a job I'd go full time as a woman - that'd be an amazing experience
because women are really amazing and I'm kind of in awe of them,
so why not go out with women? They're wonderful.......
So I might have to try getting all dressed up and letting a woman pick me up
or something



No comments:

Post a Comment