Saturday, March 17, 2012





so a year ago I really couldn't afford to go to the St Patricks day Parade - I had something
 like $20.00 in my bank account and the next paycheck was on Friday (for about $180 -
about $85 per week after taxes) on top of which I just found out my wages were going 
to be garnished -so I wasn't to happy about that situation but I decided to go to the 
parade anyways because I really like the St Patricks day parade -I see it every year,
so I'm on 35W going to the parade and I'm stuck in traffic on the way over -it turns out
there was a gas explosion that closed the road -I didn't know that, I just knew that I was
going to be late and not be able to find free parking and burn up a lot of gas in traffic and
etc - so I just had to turn around and go home

now financially my situation really isn't any better this year, but I really want to go and so I'm
going to get dressed up -black boots, a denim skirt and a green top - and go and see
the parade and listen to some Irish music and watch the dancers and stuff (and try
to avoid all the drunks)

Anyways I got dolled up yesterday for therapy , but I stopped at the church first
to do the boiler blowdown and so a lady let me in and I went downstairs and did my thing 
and when I went back upstairs, I looked around for her and she was gone (I knew she 
was leaving soon but I thought she said she was going to be there a little bit longer)
so I'm walking around in my skirt looking for her and I dont want to set the alarm if shes
still here, so I walk through the church a second time just to make sure shes still not in
the building and its kind of an odd feeling -having this whole church to oneself and being
worried about making sure no ones in the building and the lights are off (where are those
light switches?) and the doors are locked and then setting the alarm and all that and not
wanting to screw it up -so that took a little longer than normal
but I still got to therapy on time - I'm sort of in retreat of the femalization front -
I dont think I have the luxery of looking for a job that would let me live full time
(I was going to write full time as a woman but I think Ill just leave it as a job
that will let me live full time) -so there's a pretty noticeable scaling back on some
things I need to be doing to succeed in living my life the way I need to but I just can't 
right now - now I have to go back in the shell a bit -it's just the reality of the situation,
so it wasn't as positive a session as I'd like, but things are really tough for me right 
now in a lot of ways and I'm holding up reasonably well
I had taken my dog and left her in the car (I left the windows open, parked in the shade,
and the session was only an hour -she was fine) so next I went to Como Park
and walked the one and a half miles around the lake with my dog - my feet where a little 
by the time I got around but the boots only have the 2-1/2" heels so they're really not
to bad to walk in -I also brought the dulcimer and a harmonica and sat on a bench
and played some music, which was nice, then I went home so it was an OK day.

Anyways I got to get ready to watch a parade -

No comments:

Post a Comment