Friday, March 16, 2012


I'm starting a Drag band, which is open to anyone really who is supportive of 
the GLBT community and thinks it's cool to get on stage or play in a band where
the harp player (that would be me) performs in drag -if you live in the Twin Cities
and are interested, let me know by email, especially if you are a) either trans
or want to perform in drag and  b) are an excellent Rock/Blues musician 
I am a very good blues musician and I want a band that is really effing good 

Anyways I've been trying to meet guys on Craiglist and I'm getting a really
excellent response rate from married men - unfortunately, I won't date a
married man, so I think I'll keep trying it a little bit more, but plan B is
still meeting girls at the Gay90's when I dress up in drag, and I really do
admire women, and I like being around women and I notice women
all the time, I mean I probably pay more attention to women then most 
straight guys, so I wonder, maybe I'm super-straight.

I went to Guthrie play Hay Fever, and it was a lot of fun.  I went with
a pre-op trans friend, and I wore my sparkly gold dress and the boots with
the four inch heels and when a woman complimented me on the boots I 
thanked her, but I responded naturally in my female voice, which kind
of caught me by surprise. I was just responding sincerely to her compliment,
which was obviously sincere, and appreciated, I might add, but I haven't
used my female voice publicly -I've been waiting for the "right" time,
and without planning it or even thinking about it - I guess that was the
right time. I just kind smiled a bit at the time -it was pretty cool.
So I'm walking around in my very conspicuous shiny gold dress
during the break and I step out onto the endless bridge for some fresh
air and some guy with his date asks me and another person who happened
to be standing there if it was OK if he had a cigarrette (which is against the rules)
now I didn't mind so I said "well I'm not going to say anything if you do"so he says 
"Thanks Sir"  now normally I'd let it pass, but this guy is at a nice show, breaking
the rules and being totally arrogant, and so this time I say "well you didn't have
to call me Sir" and I said it nicely, but he starts defending himself and apologizing 
and giving the not too heartfelt "I'm sorry ma'am" and I really wasn't trying
to cause problems or anything so I just said so "Oh I'm really not trying to 
cause a problem here" and then I looked out at the river, and kind of side stepped
a few feet away to remove myself from the situation.  But I do kind of feel good
that his date got to see that the guy might be rich and good looking but he was
also something like a jerk, and I wasn't - I just wanted to be treated politely.

When I got to the Guthrie I spotted a couple men who I recognized from church and
we talked a bit before going in -I waited for my friend to arrive and give her the ticket
and later during the intermission I talked briefly to a couple other men I know, and
after the show me and my friend chatted a bit.  Then I went over to the Townhouse and 
bumped into a couple trans friends I know, so even though I didn't meet anyone,
and I was kind of hoping I would, it was still a very nice evening,  and the play was
a lot of fun of course.

Today I have a phone interview (yeah) and a session with my Psychologist (Gender
Therapist) - He is so much better than the therapist I had a year ago, that there
really is no comparison - well actually there is -it's the comparison between someone
who is completely worthless (my first therapist) and someone who is really
a valuable asset in my progress wherever I end up (my present therapist).
So hopefully I'll have time to dress up and walk the dog before the session,
but I can't afford to go out again tonight afterwards.



No comments:

Post a Comment