Saturday, December 24, 2011


I went to the matinee performance of Rodgers and Hammerstein's
Cinderella, and it was a lot of fun.  I ended up wearing a brown
leather skirt (size 14, some nice hem details) , some brand new
brown shoes with 4" heels that are very fun ( and actually comfortable
to walk in) and the red top.  I have a powder blue down coat which
is really cute to wear when I'm outside and I bought some blue gloves
to go with it. Then a black purse completes the outfit.  Wearing comfortable
4" heels is way different than weqaring uncomfortable 4" heels and it's
hard not to feel kind of special walking down the street wearing these,
then you catch a look at yourself in the glass, and think "oh, very nice!"'
just a long, graceful pretty stride that looks really good - which has
nothing to do with the musical -sorry, but my tickets were up on the
mezzanine which meant that going in, during intermission and after
the show I had to go up or down the staircase wearing my heels and skirt
coat and I was feeling pretty graceful and enjoying these moments.-
ok sorry the play is a bit of fluff, with some cute songs that are well done,
Cinderella was very pretty and had a good voice and was quite graceful
as a dancer - the gowns at the start were bleh, and the gowns at the end
were very pretty (no suprise there)-the prince was of course handsome
and a good actor - the play was entirely predicatable, so I don't know
why I was crying at one point other than if you're a guy who get's all dolled
up like that you get to cry at a play even a silly one, but regardless I had
fun and enjoyed it and going to a play was really a big accomplishment.
The doorman holds the door and smiles at you ( very nice) the lady at
the will call was very nice to me and smiling too, at intermission I talked
to the usher about the shows she had been seeing, which was fun,
the couples next to me were very polite, one lady complimented me
on my shoes (yeah) and afterwards we both agreed that the show
was kind of wonderful so everyone was very friendly and smiling
and I'm still pretty sure I don't pass, so I'm still trying to get my head
to accept that I really can just put on a skirt and some makeup and go
out and just do anything any other woman would do and jsut be accepted,
it's an amazing thing -no one ever tells you this -you have to experience
it for yourself, but it's amazing,

I actually got dolled up pretty early and left at about 7:30 am drove to
Unique (a thrift store) where I bought several skirts, a couple 2 piece
outfits, the blue gloves I mentioned a couple necklaces  and a pair
of men's size 10 figure skates (I want to go figure skating in drag but
I'll have to get the skates sharpened and get some white boot covers)
I spent about $70.00 and about an hour and a half there.  There was
a store nearby I wanted to go to but they weren't open for a half hour,
and I didn't want to wait so I drove to St Paul and my luck continuing
I went to store that sells wigs and they weren't open either (but they
should have been -there was a number to call but I'll have to go
online for some more wigs I think) so I went across the street
to a shopping center and bought some size 12 soes with 4" heels
in black and in brown, and as a concession to the reallity of
living in Minnesota some boots without heels -just warm, safe
boots that are a little girly, but basically just boots that fit and are
warm (and aren't boys boots -yuch) 
Then I went over to the walmart to get some pantyhose, and some
makeup - I want to try some different eyelinersm because the pencil
is really difficult to use, and I need more nail polish (just because
I've been using it a lot) so I'm in the aisle looking at lipsticks and
some guy is there says to me ( without really looking at me)
"there sure is a lot here, it must be confusing finding anything"
and so I go "yes it's really confusing at first" and keep strolling
along to the next aisle as he's saying "oh, uh...thanks ma'am"
I got a chuckle out of that and I turned around to go back to
that aisle a few seconds later, and he was gone - so it was
pretty funny ( I really don't know enough to help someone
else out, and I don't think I was making fun of him, I hope
I wasn't, its just that's the way it happnened).
I drove to the show next, then after the show I went to
Perkins for a meal, and Iv'e gone a couple times to
Perkins in drag and both times the waitresses have been
very nice to me and both times I left then a very nice tip,
then I went to my electrolysis session and this was the
first time she's seen me dressed up, but she also
didn't write down on her new schedule that I had a
session, so rather than talking about how I looked we
were talking about wether I was on the schedule
(I was of course and it just took a half a minute to
straighten that out and start the session, anyways
so after the session my makeup was a disaster
(OK it was tears that ruined my makeup - but I don't
whimper and it only takes once or twice to wreck your
mascara and if I didn;t have mascara on no one would
ever know).  The progress is really slow, but it'll be worth
it not having to shave and beeing smooth, so I keep going.
By the time I got home it was 7:30 pm so that
marks my first official 12 hours in drag record and
it was a fun day -I'll be in boy mode until Christmas day
which should be another fun day

No comments:

Post a Comment