Sunday, December 18, 2011


I went to Mall of America in drag and had no problems at all walking past the Security,
I was dressed in size 16 jeans, brown leather boots with a 2.5" heel, a brown suede
leather coat, matching purse and a purple top, so I looked pretty respectable, but
the security never even bothered looking at me as far as I could tell so, obviously
if you look outragous security might look at you suspicious, but if you try to present
youself as a woman and act like a lady, you shouldn't have a problem, at least I didn't.
I'm still too chicken to actually go in a store and try on a dress and buy one in a
retail setting -ie. a Macy's ,JC Penny's , something like that - the fear is that I'll be
dressed up all pretty and bring a pretty dress up to get a key to the ladies
changing room and then they send me over to the guys changing room, which would
suck, but I really want actual dresses to wear (I always think of dressing up as wearing
a pretty dress, not a skirt or a full length gown or an LBD or girls pants or whatever,
but an actual DRESS, so I think I'll go to Macy's and try on some dresses today
after church, and buy a nice one.
anyways like I said, I'm a chicken so I went to the underwater aquarium, which
is fun (I used to scuba dive a bit, and for many years I used to have aquariums
including a salt water tank with a lion fish - so this really is a destination museum
for me - I did enjoy it a lot) after the museum I went up to the food court to
Chilpoltes and that's a good meal, but if your wearing a corset, you are taking
your chances with a big boritto full of beans and everything.

To backtrack, Saturday I dressed up to see my therapist, went to the
Swedish museum (but got there about a half hour before it closed, so I
raced through some really lovely Christmas displays), then I went shopping
at a thrift store and bought a whole bunch of skirts and tops and nighties
for $70.00, then I went to the Mall of America (and the Underwater Aquarium),
then I got lost a little (well not lost, I uh, took the scenic route) and drove over
to the St Paul bar I go to, talked to a girls I've been running into at these trans
friendly places, and listened to some really excellent music before getting
up and playing a song with my harmonica - Erin and Jay are really good, and
playing with musicians of that caliber is just a blast, I did one song and some
more drinking and listening  and chatting but I was pretty sober on the drive home
(4 beers in 4 hours at the bar, but I'm a big girl) so it was a good night. 
I'm off to church this morning then I'm thinking I'll go into a Macy's and try on some
dresses and hopefully buy a couple.

No comments:

Post a Comment