Wednesday, December 28, 2011


I couldn't make this up - I was running late at work yesterday
and remembering what a disaster the last time I tried going
to a gender therapist was ( about a year ago) I really wanted
to go dressed up - I knew that anyone who sees whats going
on in going to agree that what I want makes sense for me, but
if I'm sitting there as a guy trying to explain things, well it'd be
deja vu all over again, so running late I went to plan b - I had all my
stuff in a bag I carry for such an emergency, but I was really late so
I needed a place along the way that I could walk in and change
and walk out -and  one place fit the bill, so I went to my church!
yeh, like I said I couldn't make this up - I do volunteer maintenance
stufff at the church so they recognize me  (even though I wasn't dressed
up and it is extremely rare that I go there not dressed up now) ,
but OK - I knock on the door , get the I almost didn't recognize you,
someone else I know walks in,asks "where's Stacy?" and I'm
going " in the bag here" , I go downstairs, do my maintenance
thing, change into my skirt and blouse, go to a bathroom put on my
makeup and wig and walk out and as I'm leaving who's there?
the pastor!  seriously - so I start talking about how I'm going
to the gender therapist for the first time and want to convince
the guy that I'm crazy (as if that should be a problem) - but
crazy in the right weay as we discuss (gender dysphoria) , and
I'm joking about how this may be the first sex change in the churches
basement, and I'm still rushing to get over to the therapist's office in
time.  I get there on time, and the session went really well and
I am very happy about how well it went and all ,
and I think coming in in a skirt and blouse did help, so it was worth
it, but how ridiculous -they were really cool about it at the church.
afterwards I drove over to a nearby gay bar for some fish and chips
 and then went home so a kind of odd day, but nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment