Sunday, December 11, 2011

Almost 12 hours out in public in drag - it's very tiring,
I thoroughly enjoy it but it's very tiring and I had one of
those moments that I was like OK, let's call it anight,
and keep a pleasant memory rather than be all boy-boy
and set the 12 hour record. 
So I wore black size 16 jeans, black boots (about a 2-1/2 to
3" heel - I always wear heels in public, unless I'm on injured
reserve) a shiny silver/ black top (size 16) my new long lavender
down coat, acute little white cap, black gloves and a black purse
I went to Walmart and bought some lip stick and foundation and
some more jeans, panties, and several pairs of panty hose (because
they get runs so easily) -that went well as an experience
and then I drove to church The chirch service was really nice, and
at a couple points in the service, as the pastor was talking about
accepting and validating yourself in your own eyes, I found
this pretty inspirational and was wiping away a couple tears
(I wasn';t sad or anything it was just feeling kind of sympathetic
to a message aout affirmation with all I've been going through lately)
Anyways I don't do a lot a crying in public so give me a break,
ut was just a nice sermon,. OK
after the service I hung around with a few girls downstairs for a bit
and talked, and that was fun then I did my volunteer maintenance
thing, and I still say doing this maintenance stuff dressed  up is kind
of kinky (but obviously it's way kinkier when I do it wearing the
red leather pencil skirt and the 4" pumps) - I told a friend I was going
to do the maintenance stuff and she was like "Girl, we have to talk",
so this might be some of my residual guyness (that old transvestic
fetish stuff)
It was pretty nice outside so instead of going to the Mall of America,
(which has a reputation of being unfriendly to trans people -I haven't
been there yet) I decided that I wanted to walk around a bit outside,
so I went to the Minnesota Zoo.  I was there for several hours and
had lunch there and it was fun - I'll assume you don't want to hear about
lions and tigers and bears so I'll move on.
I heard the other day about a thrift store called "Unique" so I went there
next (well I did stop for gas and deliberately paid in cash so I had to go in
-I've been doing that a lot lately -but it was more fun when I obviously wasn't
a woman, now it's not so blatantly obvious) I bought a couple really nice blouses,
a jean skirt (memories of being a teenage boy and staring at the pretty girls
wearing things like that -that was a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away,
and even then I still wanted the skirt more than their tush) a couple nighties,
a (female) wallet and a purse, everything was 3 or 4 dollars each except for the
purse which was $25.00, I probably spent too much for it, but it's nice,
it was an impulse purchase, obviously.
Then I decided to go to the Holidazzle parade (the second time I've gone) but I
got there early so I had a beer and used the restroom at the Gay90's then I
started walking down Hennepin then I walked over to Nicollet and went in
Macy's (and saw some really, really nice shoes but I was safe they don't stock
shoes for Clysdales like me who need size 12) I went to a couple more stores
and looked at dresses and blouses and shoes and the were all very nice and
very expensive and very small -I  really, really need to start losing weight again,
if I'm going to do this for real, but it was getting close to the time the parade
was going to start so I found a nice place to sit, away from what crowd had
gathered on the route.  I was kind of hoping sitting alone like that , that maybe
a guy would come up to me, but I'm not pretty that way, and instead I wound
up squeezed between two families -which actually was kind of nice, so anyways
kids to the left of me kids to the right of me and a couple young couples and
all that, but if you are just some lady stiing alone waiting for a parade, well that's
what happens- young couples feel safe and comfortable sitting next to you
(it was nice, as a guy at a parade usuallly there is a space of about two or three
feet between me and the nearest person, as a girl it's like two or three inches, max
which would you prefer?) The parade itself is OK, bicylcle powered floats with
alot of christmas lights, you wave at the people of the floats but it's a small
parade- it's fun to be outside in a crowd in the middle of winter watching the lights
and all but its more just being a part of the crowd.  After the parade, as
the young couple on the right were getting ready to go the mother looked at
me and wished me a merry christmas, which caught me by suprise and I thanked
her of course, but that was really nice, just a pleasant smile and a Merry Christmas,
it's such a small thing but I'm walking back thinking about it and I smile and wipe
away atear and rather than go back to the Gay90's and have a few beers and wait
for the drag show to start and set my 12 hours in drag record, I decide to go walk
along with the crowd back to the parking ramp, and hop in my truck and go home.
So I did almost 12 hours in draq - it was fun, regardless.

No comments:

Post a Comment