Sunday, May 1, 2011


"Water for Elephants" was OK, but I really get worked up about the BS Animal
Cruelty sh*t - that people always associate with Circuses - You train a lion or
an elephant just like you train a horse or a dog - a lot like you train a first grader
honestly - patience, reward, (some people use restrained punishment -it is effective,
and not cruel -I don't use it with my dog, and she is terribly spoiled - I should use
it more but I'm a bit of a -well you know what I'm like)
But seriously -the trainers for the Liberty acts (horse acts where the horses run free)
the dog acts, the clown acts with dog's -these people love their animals, they are
their family, they care for them, the training is constant, and the animals love it just
like any working dog.  What is assinine are the zoos that are getting rarer but still
around where the monkeys sit around and whack off all day because they are
intelligent animals that need something to do.

Speaking of an intelligent monkey that needs something to do, I did send out a couple
resumes by email today, and I have a couple leads I need to call on Monday. I'm starting
to feel good about looking for a job - I am so looking forward to getting some money
coming in and you bet your sweet ass i'm going to be getting some stuff together so
that I can go out in drag -in public.

So I have my first therapy session Tuesday (not gender therapy, just general therapy)
oddly enough I wanted to go in about some depression, but as I've faced some of
it, and scheduled this, and been going to church, and changing my diet, and focusing
on getting a little more sleep, and now actually being able to look for a job (which
is really important to me right now) - a whole bunch of small changes, but when I
actually show up on Tuesday, I may not even be depressed right now -it's still good
to address this, but honestly today, the last couple days I'm doing OK.
So I'll show up and she'll be like, "So, you're experiencing some depression?"
and I'll be like "No, not me." and she'll know I'm crazy ,
But we got an hour, maybe she can show me how to put on lipstick and stuff like that.
That'd be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment