Tuesday, May 24, 2011



So my dog spent Monday night in doggy prison after her attempted jail break. 
Clever. The gate to her outside area was held shut by a bungee cord and so she
wacked the gate with her paw and got it swinging back and forth until it swings
enough that she can put her head through, then she squeezes out and makes
her escape.  So I went to bed late Sunday, having spent an hour looking for her
in the dark, and figured well she'll be back when she feels like it.  Then early
Monday morning she's not at the door, so I'm really worried.  I hop in the truck,
and start driving around, which really sucks because honestly, I recognize I'm
looking for a body if I find her driving around like this, I mean if she could make it
back she would have.  I don't know what I'll do if that's the case, I mean seriously,
as shitty as everything else is, this would be tough to take, but I drive around and
don't find her, so a little before 6am I call the Police, and they've got her and she's
fine.  So I drive over and pick her up, and she's glad to see me and all, but her
coat's a mess - all muddy, full of burrs and ticks, and the officer who picked her
up says she was being chased by a fox.  It's a neighberhood fox, and she hates it,
but I've always been worried that she'd be whupped pretty good if they ever
actually met -so I tell the Officer this and he laughs - I show my license, and the
dog license, to get the dog back, but there's no fine or anything and she's been
safe in a cage all night -so I'm pretty happy about how it turned out.
I get her home and giver her a bath, spend about 1.5 hours brushing her out
and pulling ticks, and she looks so pretty I take her down to the Lakes to
show her off - but I only meet a couple women who ask about the dog -
and I tell them about her being an ex-con  last night and all (I won't repeat that
story) - so everything was cool - she was a very tired puppy yesterday,
and I'm figurimg out how to secure that gate better but everything turned out OK.

The top two cap's I did a while ago but never used here - the first one is so tacky,
the second one I figured I'd use in a story but never did, the Certificate is new,
someone a while back kind of warned me about what was going to happen and
yeh, maybe I should have listened, but then I really do want to be included in
things sometimes (well anytime actually) and I'm probably more Christian than
you or they, or the fundamentalists think, but for now, Chuch - yuck!
(as an aside I actually saw Spamalot on Broadway
-the only Broadway show I've ever seen - and there wasn't a witch in it!)
and this is a recent photoshop effort of the puppy (but she wasn't on the lam
when this was taken, but that's about how she looked when she was paroled)

Take Care,

Samantha

No comments:

Post a Comment