Tuesday, May 10, 2011


So the Minnesota Pride Parade is June 26th and I've never actually
gone to a Pride event.  Hopefully, I'll actually be "out" by that time,
I mean actually I am out realistically - I'm trying to meet guys a
Match.com, I go to a Gay bar when I can afford to go out,
I  regularily attend a predominately LGBT church, I have this
blog, I've met with a gender therapist about some things, and
I'm trying to figure out how to financially pay for seeing a therapist
with some help in coming out, so it's not like there's any unresolved
issue, and technically it isn't even a coming out - I was out in college,
so it's just a re-coming out. But I figure until I'm actually kissing some
guy I'm going to hold off on officially saying I'm Gay to a couple people
who won't be the least bit suprised, even if they don't want to hear it.
And who knows maybe I'll be kissing some cute guy and cuddling
and stuff and I'll be like "ewww gross!" and throw up on the couch,
I mean maybe I'm faking the whole thing you know?
Yeh, I knda doubt it - actually kissing was always a lot of fun,
and hopefully I can get over some of this shyness and anxiety
and all that and actually get out and meet someone nice, but in
the meantime, it's stupid to tell people who don't want to hear that
you're Gay, that you're Gay, if there's no shoulder to cry on (well
I don't know about actually crying, but someone to console you at least)
So yeh hopefully by Pride I'll actually be out (i.e. seeing someone)
but if not, I think there's a good chance I might meet a Gay person or
two at an event like that, and maybe strike up a friendship, so I'm
going - first time, should be interesting.

The interview went really well, but I won't hear anything until next week
(wish me luck - getting a good job like this now would be major)

Anyways with the warm weather I was practicing my Concertina:


and Tin whistle:


Yeh I'm totally rusty after a long Minnesota winter
but it's fun.  Anyways

Take Care

Samantha

No comments:

Post a Comment