Saturday, December 25, 2010

Wedding Pictures



So eventually I figured out I owed a couple captions at the Haven from a couple
weeks ago (which is really embarrassing). I was able to come up with a cap for
Petra pretty quick (the Microsoft cap), but not so with Bren.  I didn't have
anything, total blank - which is always a little disconcerting, you start thinking the
whole writer's block thing: you're not creative, you're a fraud, you'll never write
again. I didn't have time for that silly stuff, so I just emailed her the Salvador Dali
picture of the watch, and said I'd get back to her in a day or two.  I came up with
the text for "Samantha Seuss" walking the dog the next day, and finished the cap
that evening. It took about 2 hours, but I was fighting my own demons, so it's OK
to spend a little longer on this one.

All of which has nothing to do with wedding pictures.
So let's talk wedding pictures all ready.

I really like looking at wedding pictures, and I use them in my captions with some
regularity.  So I'm going to share a couple cap's that I've posted previously, but
this time include the source wedding pictures and discuss the wedding pictures
themselves instead of captions (which you've all ready seen).

One thing to keep in mind when you're looking at wedding pictures is that the
happy couple or their families have paid the photographer a lot of money, and the
photographer is trying to show that he's Ansel Adams, or some other photogaphic
genius, the couple has all ready had a long day and now they are being ordered
around by some wack job photographer, when what they really want to do is get
on with the Honeymoon.  And we all kow what happens on a Honeymoon,
repeatedly. (it's a very beautiful thing when two people love each other). So they
are tired, and trying to be good sports about it, keep that in mind looking at
wedding pictures.

So example #1


This is a really nice picture.  I'd hire this photographer, and they're not fashion
models or anything, but they're happy.  They belong together.  And the idea is nice
 - the girl hiding behind the door, waiting.  They so want to be together- it's lovely. 
I feel a little guilty using it in my warped caption. But I use it anyways

Example #2


This Photographer is a horses ass. I fell on the floor laughing when I saw this
picture. "wham bam, thank you ma'am" on her honeymoon night she's
being shown the door out into the night, no suitcase, no coat, no purse, no taxi,
nothing. bupkiss.  This photographer should be sued, it's like a curse on the
wedding, and the gown looks very expensive, and I'm guessing the guy is very
rich, but honey, money isn't everything -they're photographing you with a veil
over your face.

Now I know I'll never be a fashion model, and my beauty may be difficult to
photograph, but trust me, if you try to photograph me on my wedding night in a
doorway all alone, at night, with a veil over my pretty face, I'll take that tripod
of yours and shove it you know where.  Believe me, I'd do it.  It's called
acting like a Lady.

PS - I did turn a profit for Christmas, so I'm going to get to fill up the tank, go
to a couple movies, make a token cash payment to Rachels Haven (yeah!),
and maybe go out for breakfast a couple times - us pseudo-intellectuals
love nothing better then reading a book, eating pancakes, and drinking lots
and lots of coffee, even if it is just once or twice a month.

PPS- there's a blogger gadget I could add to this site to poll people who read
Transformative-Honeymoons a question (about any topic really). 
So you wouldn't have to leave a comment to participate, and that might
help "break the ice" , but I need to think up a question. Of course, if you
want to suggest a poll question, feel free. I'll probably post Tuesday or
Wednesday -I don't hve a clue about what.


No comments:

Post a Comment