Friday, December 3, 2010

Samantha's Flag Football - new for PS3


Obviously I ran into some problems on this
PS3 cover, but I did finally get it done.
I’m still learning Photoshop, and it’s going to
happen occasionally.  Anyways, let’s not talk
about how long this actually took, OK. Thanks.

"Sam" is so cute though.

Why I wanted to do a PS3 cover is because I want
to talk about the game “Heavy Rain”, and see if
someone can help me out. Back when I was working,
I bought a Play station 3 (PS3) system, partly
because I wanted to play at being Ringo (which is
fun, and I love the music).  But a significant 
factor in choosing PS3 over the competitors was a
game called “Heavy Rain” which is a role-play game
that is supposed to allow some freedom of choice,
and yeh, you’re way ahead of me, one of the four
characters is a woman.  So I get the game, put in
the Disk, and find out that before I can play the
girl I have to be a guy first (you do see the irony
in this). So the game starts out with me being some
guy getting out of the shower and walking around in
my bedroom, in my underwear trying to figure what
I’m supposed to do (and no, I don’t mean it like that). 
But I’m at a total loss,  I’m just walking around,
aimlessly in my bedroom, in my underwear, clueless,
and this goes on for a half hour, forty-minutes, and
I start thinking if someone walks in on me and see
this I’m going to die of embarrassment. 
Picture it:
“What’s Sam been up to?”
“Oh he’s pretending he’s a guy walking around in his
underwear,he’s been doing it for a couple hours now.”
“He does know he's still a guy, doesn't he?”
They'd be laughing, my face would be beet red,
it would be horrible, seriously. 

So if someone can be so kind as to help a slightly
dopey damsel in distress, and step me through this
game to get to the good part, I’d appreciate it.
Thanks.

The PS3 game was the genesis of another idea I had,
and this one is a beaut.  Picture you are a guy,
and you go in the store, and you buy a new PS3 game,
and it’s a fighting game called
“Knock the Living  $#*@ out of Him!” or some similar
clever title – but you put the disk in when you get
home, and one of the options is the Champs girlfriend:
Miss Kitty, so you enter in  "play Miss Kitty", and
when you play her role, she kisses the champ, says
“Good Luck tonight, I’ll be at the mall”, grabs his
credit card, puts it in her purse and goes out shopping
for shoes! I mean that’s the whole game – you’re at the
mall shopping for shoes.
The Boxing game, the cover art, everything is a front
so that guys who’d be too embarrassed to buy some girly
game, can still enjoy play at being a girl shopping
for shoes. Now, I’d pay money for that, and I don’t
think I’m the only one (it’s a whole lot more fun than
playing you’re some guy walking around in your underwear.

I swear, someone sees me playing that, they’ll lock me up.

PS - Thanks Rachel for the laurels - very nice
     Haven Laureate - oh, very exciting!

     Thanks Rebecca and Jennifer for linking to me
     (right now, I won't be linking to anyone, but
      I do appreciate your link and apologize for
      not reciprocating, email me, and I'll explain
      my rationale).

PPS - I should have gone back and redrawn the guy, rather
than try to correct the drawing problems in Photoshop.
In the end I abandoned that effort, and just went back and
colorized  the initial drawing, but I got a little
flustered - but: Sam, girl, it's cool - it's not perfect,
but it's just for fun, and it is a fun cover. Anyways,
"Sam" in heels is so cute I had to add her to the post
all alone.  One more, just because I'm on-line:





3 comments:

  1. Congrats on your Haven Laureate award. ^_^ And your most welcome, I love putting my friends links in my little ticker tape off to the side.

    I hope I can bring a few more people to help them see how talented you are. ^_^

    I wish I could help you on the game. but I don't own it yet my self. I have played the demo, so I know a little bit about how it works.I don't know, is there a closet or dresser drawer in the room? Maybe you have to get dressed and go some where. is there an objective screen when you pause it?

    The Game for shopping for shoes, that sounds like fun to me. ^_^ I hope we get to buy some pretty dresses as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, so much (Blush)
    Links make this a lot more fun for me too.
    Femur's site is huge, and Rebecca's site and yours bring in many, many people here - I went
    from 20 to 30 views a day to at least 500, and
    some days two or three times that, which to me,
    sounds like a really huge number - I wish I could
    say it was my pretty pictures and good writing,
    but I'm not that dopey!

    Regarding my game, Heavens! You don't think I'd
    stop you from getting some pretty dresses in my
    game!

    I do want to clarify something in my posting.
    The people who could walk in on me are the
    homeowners where I live (I have a basement
    apartment)-and since it is their house, my privacy isn't absolute. They're nice, but
    they think I'm crazy. I do not want to
    leave the mistaken impression that I live
    with a bunch of guys. Such a thing would
    be really improper for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad your getting a nice amount of traffic for your blog. ^_^ I should probably check how much I get. lol

    And yay! I think I'll buy one of every dress in ever color! *giggle* Really, that would be a fun goal. heh, could get a achievement or trophy for your trouble.

    I see, it's a shame you can't have full privacy. makes this sort of thing hard to find time for.

    ReplyDelete