Tuesday, December 21, 2010

I'm glad we can officially call this Winter



So those are my two official entries in Rachel's Haven's December Caption Contest.
I just did "Jeremy Dreams of Santa" this morning, but judging by the responses,
the bottom one is a lot more popular.  I like them both actually, but I don't
think the top one is really "in the spirit" of the competition -I mean everybody else
is taking a picture and writing a caption for it, and I'm taking a picture and duplicating
it to a new layer and desaturating the top layer and blending it to second layer,
using the history brush on the flesh selection with some color adjustments and then
using a couple artitstic filters and a contrast adjustment.....(I mean I'm cheating so
bad I'm ready for NASCAR).
The second one I just cut out the image put it on my "PinkSilk" background
and added text -it's nothing anybody else couldn't do, so that's fair. 
Judging by the responses, the gown was kind of popular, and Santa kind of bombed,
so that's what I get for cheating.

Every year in the Twin Cities around Christmas, a Russian Ballet group comes to town
and performs the Nutcracker.  For some reason I couldn't go last year, and we all know
why I'm not going this year (I was out applying for part-time jobs yesterday and today,
and one looks promising).  But since I couldn't go, I bought a DVD of the Bolshoi Ballet
1978 performance, started to watch it, paused it, and never finished.  So I'm going to
go ahead and watch it tonight, and if it's any good I'll do a DVD review as the next
post after the Chistmas Eve post.  Bailley's and Ballet! It sounds like fun.

I do have my Christmas Eve Caption finished ahead of time - which will suprise anyone
who knows me, but you'll just have to wait.  Happy Solistice - I'm glad we can
officially call this Winter now, considering there's like two feet of snow out there.

PS -not only did the Vikes lose, but it was so cloudy I couldn't see the Lunar Eclipse either,
well let me get it out of my system: Boo Bears! Boo! Yuck!

PPS- I saw an ad today for some TV show where Angelina is disguised as a man,
I was at the health club, and they don't close caption the ads - so that's all I know

No comments:

Post a Comment