Friday, December 17, 2010

A Hat Trick!




Anyways, I've posted the bottom two images on this blog previously, but the top image
is about ten minutes old.  I thought I'd group them together and try to explain what
this fascination with figure skating transvestites is all about.

It goes back to High School, when I was an extremely good defenseman.  Now,
I now you're having a hard time picturing this, but it's true - I was out there playing
first or second string defense on all-star teams, I had a wicked slapshot from the
blue line, a very accurate backhand, and I was really good at checking boys right
on their butts.  But I wasn't really good enough to get a college scholarship,
and I didn't have any interest in pursuing this past high school. But my father sure did.
So yeh, in his infinite wisdom, he decided that I needed to take figure skating lessons
to become a better hockey player.  In his defense, his heart is in the right place,
and it is not as totally daft as it might sound at first - figure skaters are technically
much better skaters than hockey players, there is a lot of edge control that tranfers
over, the coach he picked and his wife were renowned in figure skating - it did make
me a much better skater. But  picture this from my perspective -I'm in this class and
I'm dressed in stinky smelly hockey pants (after a month or so when I started doing
jumps and spins I got to just wear jeans and a hockey jersey) I skate out there
with my ugly back figure skates with the little points on the toes, which I stumble
over all the time until I get used to them, OK, now picture the other girls in their
cute little figure skating outfits with the danskins pantyhose, the cute lttle jackets
and mittens, and OK you get the picture - this is pure torture - I mean waterboard
me all ready - and my father could not for the life of him figure out why I hated these
lessons so much - I wanted my own cute little figure skating outfit!!  I actually did
get to the pont where I was doing some double jumps, and performed in a comedy
act in an amateur performance, so it's something to be proud of , but at the time,
you have no idea what it was like.  So that's the inspiration for the poster.


The caption is based on a comment Playin Petra made about a Gordie Howe
hat trick being a Goal, an Assist, and a Fight, so an Ice Girl hat trick must be a hug,
a kiss, and  trip to the locker room with a guy after the game. I couldn't resist
using the ice girl "hat trick" reference in a caption. A real hat trick is of
course three goals in a game, I've done that, but not too often.

On an unrelated matter, I was at the Walmart yesterday, and I picked up a copy of
"My Fair Lady".  The Cashier asked me if I needed a gift receipt and I, of course
said no, so she smiled and winked at me - so heads up, if you buy a copy of
"My Fair Lady" and don't ask for a gift receipt the cashier may think you're Gay.
I'm going to watch it as soon as I post this.

I've got my tuition paid off for next Semester! It's going to be tough, but I'm not
going in debt this time around -and never again - I can flip off Visa and the
Depatment of Education with pride.

PS -Thanks World of TG for including me in your list.

2 comments:

  1. you played hockey in high school? I love hockey! ^_^ But I also love ballerina's and female ice skaters.. So I can see how that was all torture for you. I feel the same way about woman's outfits when i stop by the woman's department at the store. I always think, why Can't I wear something like that?

    wonderful work as always Samantha. ^_^ I hope to return to my regular schedule of viewing blogs and commenting soon. as it is now, I've had to put off role plays and some chats with friends to keep up the pace for the donation offer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So if you're busy, some donations must be coming
    in. If you are a fan of this site, and you make
    a donation to Rachel's Haven Pay Pal link, drop
    me a line and I'll add your name to a
    Sam's Really Fun Bank Visa Card
    (see the "Cashing in on Christmas" November post)
    and e-mail it to you as a jpeg file.

    ReplyDelete