Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Bailey's On Ice

Go Vikes!  I got to watch the underdog Vikings defeat the Eagles
and was really pleased about the whole thing.  And for a young
quarterback, what ever happens going forward, his life has
been transformed.  Maybe the Vikings have found a Coach
and a Quarterback for next year.  I hope so. What a great
story.

I've been buried with obligations lately but I do have another
Stacy Wilderness report.  I've made mention several times now
that I woud like to get comments, to no avail. So, I have decided
to resort to bribery.  Here's the deal. Transformative-Honeymoons
is offering a genuine Faux Credit Card from Sam's Really Fun Bank,
with your name on it.  All you have to do is ask, leave your name
in a comment, and indicate that you'd like a card, and I'll post
a copy of this Faux Visa Card with your name on it. Download
the image, print it off, show it to your Boss, he'll be impressed,
show it to your Girlfriend, she'll be thrilled.  Really.



So without further ado, the second installment from our field reporter Stacy Wilderness:

Baileys on Ice
Day 13 of the Honeymoon, continued 
by Stacy Wilderness
The dishes are done.  I take my apron off and hang it on the hook.  There’s a mirror
on the wall, and I brush my hair.  I practice two or three smiles, the second one,
that’s the one I’ll use, tonight. It’s a very pretty smile and innocent looking too. 
 It’s important to look innocent, on your Honeymoon. I still tingle when I say that,
me, a wife.  Mmmm, so nice.
Dan has not said a word since dinner.  What would he say?  I have my chores, too. 
 I do the dishes.  Until they’re done, he just has to wait.  Now that they’re done,
we’ll talk.
But first, a drink.  Something  suitable for times like these,  what else:  Bailey’s on Ice.
I take two glasses from the cupboard and set them on the counter. Then  I take the
black bottle of Bailey’s from the liquor cabinet and set it down and get the ice.
Like everything  else in Life,  there is a right way and a wrong way to do this.
4 cubes, maybe 5.  No more, no less.  A clear glass, solid, unpretentious, something
sturdy we’re from Irish stock , Dan and I, no need to put on the airs.  The Bailey’s is
stored at room temperature (62 deg F in the cabin). That is what the ice is for, to cool
the Bailey’s.   It is wrong  to pour a cold liquor on ice, so very, very wrong.
The Bailey’s is warm, the ice is cold, let Time work it’s magic.  We have time.

I check my hair in the mirror once more, and make sure my blouse is tucked in nice.
I run my hands along my hips to smooth my skirt.  Quite useless really, what  ever I’ve
accomplished by this will be undone once I take three steps.  I don’t know why I do it,
Well actually I do,  I worked hard for this figure, and I want to enjoy what I got. 
I walk back to the counter to get the two glasses, and hear the click -click of my heels
on the wood floor.  It had never occurred me that Dan must be hearing all this also.
Pouring the Bailey’s, setting the bottle down, walking over to mirror to make myself
look pretty, walking back to pick up the two glasses.  I blush, but of course he knows
I work at making myself look pretty. I so want to look pretty for him, and it’s a lot of work,
but still I blush.  I’m not sure why.

 I pick up the two glasses and walk to the next room.  Dan is standing by the sofa. 
Obviously he heard me coming in.  It’s those heels.  Click-click-click-click  
Heels!  In a Cabin north of Duluth.  How silly, I couldn’t take five steps outside in these. 
I walk up to him holding out the drinks, one in each hand, and smile the smile I
practiced, the sweet, innocent one.  Dan smiles and reaches for his drink. 
“Thank you, Angel.” He says.  This is very dirty pool on his part.  He found out last
night that I like being called Angel, I never knew that about myself.  I can’t imagine
why I would like that, I’m certainly no angel. But when a man calls me Angel, it’s
like, It’s hard to describe, but I like it.  Dan knows I like it. He is teasing me,
it is so unfair. I don’t play games like that – oh shut up, I don’t play games.

What’s it matter, "Angel", and he hasn’t even kissed me yet. 
I pull the two glasses behind my back and close my eyes, leaning forward. 
It is slightly awkward, and I feel like I’m posed like this for longer than I was
really expecting, 5 -10 seconds perhaps, but he does kiss me.
Softly the first time. Much more how I like it the second . 
He really is very strong.

In between these kisses, he took the Bailey’s glasses from me , took a sip
from one, and set them on the table. He was worried I’d forget all about the
damn glasses of Bailey’s when he kissed me, and drop them on the floor. 
He’s no dummy. 

He releases me, and I turn to pick up my glass from the table. He wraps his hands
around my waist, and presses himself against me. He blows a soft puff of air
against the nape of my neck.  It sends a shiver down my spine. 

 I close my eyes and raise the glass to my lips and taste it’s cool/warm sweet creamy
liquor going down,
warming my belly.
Mmmm!  Bailey’s on Ice, so nice.

As a Special Feature, Transformative-Honeymoons recently hired field reporter
Stacy Wilderness to provide live action reporting of her honeymoon, which took place
Wednesday, December 15th, at the Coppertop Church  (First United Methodist) overlooking
the lake in Duluth, MN.

PS- Go Vikes!

PPS- 1806 page views yesterday alone, somebody must be reading this

No comments:

Post a Comment