Tuesday, December 7, 2010

A Girl could get Hurt this way





Anyways up in Minnesota, the wind whipping through your jeans can make
your skin really dry this time of year, so I've started to wearing snow pants
which makes me look like a Pillsbury doughboy - I looked in the mirror and
had to laugh -I mean I've spent months losing 35 pounds and now I'm dressing
so I look exactly like I looked before -well at least I  have stuff that fits again.

The other side of that is that I thought I'd start using a lotion on my legs, and make
a ritual out of it - the whole smoothing the lotion on your legs, all that, and it does
make your legs and "back parts" feel smoother, which is pretty cool, but the first time
I did this, I put the lotion on the bottom of my feet, and stepped into the shower, slipped
and almost fell, I mean you could really get hurt that way -  That was actually the most
dangerous thing I've done in months -Boy, have I changed over the years.

PS - I'll post again Friday if I can

PPS - I got my driver's license back! - yeah!!!  They cleaned up the whole mess, so it's
not on my record or anything either - so that's that - it's like it never happened
"Oh, but it did Auntie Emme!" (That may be the only "Wizard of Oz reference I ever
make in this blog, so enjoy it Wiz fans) -I'm so happy I took a break from studying to
do another caption. But I have a couple important tests this week and next, so I am
not going to be on updating again until Friday, and this time I mean it. No, really.

1 comment:

  1. Hey me again -I realized some of you won't have a
    clue what the mile club is - it's a "club" for
    pilots who've made certain accomplishments in the
    air - sort of like "the caterpiller club" for pilots who've used a parachute to escape death
    (caterpillers make silk, silk was used to make
    parachutes) the mile-high club was for pilots
    who, at the controls of an airplane in flight
    engage in (well figure it out) but they do so
    at least a mile-high in an airplane in flight.

    I found this on the web about the very first
    documented member (Sperry is a real person,
    who founded a company that is very well known
    to any pilot -this excerpt is taken from their
    website)

    If it is a major aeronautical achievement as everyone claims, then proper recognition should be given to the first person to attempt the sacred act at altitude. That honor can only be bestowed upon Lawrence Sperry, a daredevil pilot, mechanical genius, and of course, inventor of the automatic pilot. Besides intellect, Sperry was also handsome and rich, a combination that led to a succession of women, It was during November of 1916, when Sperry began giving flying lessons to a New York socialite by the name of Mrs. Waldo Polk. Polk's husband was off in France driving an ambulance at the time. The couple were aloft in a Curtiss flying boat over Babylon, New York one day, evidently engaging in carnal pleasure through the benefit of Sperry's recently devised autopilot. Suddenly something went wrong, and the plane plunged 500 feet into great South Bay. Two duck hunters paddled to the wreck and rescued, much to their amazement, the naked couple. Apparently Sperry stated the crash "divested" them of their clothing. The couple was brought to Southside Hospital, with Polk alongside in a stretcher. Local papers glossed over the fact that the duo lacked any clothes, but the New York tabloid Mirror & Evening Graphic, headlined their front page with: AERIAL PETTING - ENDS IN WETTING Both instructor and student survived their ordeal and Sperry later told a friend that he bumped the gyro platform during their aerial maneuvering. Sperry would crash his Sperry Messenger biplane in the English Channel seven years later, ending his life. Mrs. Polk...well, she continued taking flying lessons and did obtain her pilot's license. - which is cool because "Girls Fly!"

    ReplyDelete