Sunday, December 19, 2010

The Princess of Punch


I actually did do some sparring in college, it was part of my "Oh! So Macho!"
phase.  I was pretty heavy into weightlifting and  I was actually quite strong.
I would have been a light-heavy, and the coach was training a guy for
Golden Gloves, and so I'd spar with him.  But because of all the conditioning
I was doing, Coach wouldn't let me near his pretty boy boxer until I'd been
on the bag for 15 to 20 minutes, by which time my knuckles were bloody,
and any pop I had in my punches was gone. It was all I could do to hold my
hands up while I got pummeled. It kind of sucked (in the bad way). It doesn't
hurt really, but it's not a lot of fun. However, it was really cool walking around
with black eyes all the time, especially since I hadn't actually hurt anyone. 

If I'd really thought it through (and obviously I hadn't), I would have realized
that I would have felt just terrible if I hurt the dear boy.

Can you imagine it, the Ref standing over the knocked out boxer
"One!....Two...."  and I'm rushing up going "Oh I'm so sorry,"
I mean really, would you want to watch that?

As I lose weight (almost 40 pounds now!) and gain conditioning, I'm kind of getting
some of this muscle back, and I'm trying to minimize it as much as possible.
but I can't help but thinking back to this and laugh, I mean "Oh, So Macho!"

Looking back on it, I probably should have cut my hair, because I had
long strawberry-blond hair hanging way over the shoulders - Very Macho!

I did the caption below for someone at Rachel's Haven, I'm doing a lot
fewer captions, but I'm spending a lot more time on the ones I do,
Quality not Quantity these days.  The story just came to me -so I only
spent about an hour on it (the boxing poster took about an hour too).



I plan on my next post on 12/24/10 wit a Christmas theme - 0% originality so far,
but that puts me in a corner - some times you just get pummelled in the corner,
but sometimes you come up with something good - we'll see.

PS -This blog is just over a month old, and there are a lot of first-time viewers.
By all means let me know what you think - with Jennifer out of the picture,
I'm getting zero feedback here. 

2 comments:

  1. I am sorry I have been quiet as of late, but I'm not out of the picture. (unlike your caption at the end there. ^_^) I am still reading your blog and hope you don't lose heart while I'm busy helping the haven with the donation rewards.

    I love the boxing poster by the way. Really nice work. ^_^ and strawberry blonde hair on a muscled up hunk? sound's like Fabio! *swoon* *giggle*

    I'm glad your getting new page views, I hope more people will chime in on your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jennifer!
    I didn't mean it like that. I got the PM.
    Hopefully your efforts are getting results.

    I meant it like - I had 1000+ page views
    yesterday alone, which is something like
    600-700 viewers, per day which is an awful
    lot of very shy guys, and me all dolled up
    and no one to dance with. Sigh
    I meant it like that (blush)

    ReplyDelete