Thursday, February 23, 2012



The Trans support group was pretty intense, and a had an hour or so before I 
really needed to get ready for the Drag contest so I walked over to another
Gay bar down the street.I've only been in this bar once (I was dressed as
a guy) and I've been hesitant going in dressed up, but I was feeling confidant
and I certainly had time ( being a Gay bar doesn't by any means mean its
a good or comfortable place for a guy in a dress to go in and sit down)
  I walked in and was walking around when it was pretty obvious I caught one 
guys eye walking past.  I walked to the end of the bar, and turned around and 
decided to take an open seat at the bar near the exit, so I passed him again and
he said something along the lines of "hi beautiful" but I walked past and sat
at an open stool , waited a bit and  ordered a beer..  A few minutes after that 
he sat down next to me and we talked a bit - I wasn't really interested in him
(he was really much more effeminate than me, as he himself even mentioned)
but still we talked and in a while the time was up and I needed to walk back 
over to the other bar where I was entering the amateur drag contest - so
he decided he wanted to walk with me over to the other bar,  about four blocks,
and up to my truck in the parking ramp.  Here I grabbed my suitcase full of
outfits and shoes and makeup and my bodhran (an Irish drum) and walked
he offered to carry the drum for me, which was nice, so why not, so
we went back down the elevator and back onto the street and entered the bar 
and he knew that it would be about an hour and a half before the show started
(and he'd mentioned his plans to go over to another gay bar that night, which
I thought was a good idea for him to enjoy his night) anyways so we enter
the bar and I take the drum from him and he gives me a hug and a kiss 
on the cheek (which was pretty nice actually) and later in the even, when I was
up on stage I saw him in the sitting at the bar and waved, that was the last
I saw of him (which is ok, all he was going to get out of me was more small talk) 
Anyways, since I won the week before I was just up doing my performances
for fun - and so I did Muddy Waters  (I'm a man) starting off
with holding the bodhran and beating out the beat for about a minute -then
switched to harmonica and played the rest of the song.  For the second
song I did Van Morrisson's Tupelo Honey and played along on the harmonica,
which went well and I made $3 in tips (wow -I'm rich, but that's three people who
got up walked to the stage, smiled at me, enjoyed my playing , so yeah,
3 bucks - that's cool, I appreciated it) I talked a bit after the show with someone
I know but it was getting late so I headed home - $3 in tips, two twofers at one
bar ($6 plus $1 tip (Im pretty poor right now) ) one beer and a $1 tip at another bar
and $6 to park - so basically it cost me $15.00, which is OK -I have a music gig
on Friday in guy mode with a band I'm in and Saturday I'm going to see the Met
Opera broadcast with my parents (in guy mode) so it won't be until Sunday
when I dress up for church and playing at the coffee shop afterwards when I'll
be dressed up again. so until then, take care - Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment