Monday, February 6, 2012

A couple days ago someone I know got beat up pretty good by a K-Mart
security guard for entering a Minneapolis K-Mart with a friend of hers and her
friends service dog. She needed a couple trips to the hospital emergency room,
but she's out of the hospital now, thank God..
Because this Minneapolis K-Mart employs off duty Minneapolis police officers
she was charged with assualt - the whole thing is disgusting, and she's tapping
into her entire savings now to fight the charges and seek legal recourse.
The money was going to be used for her operation, and now she's all beaten up
and bruised and like I said the whole things disgusting.  I don't feel there's
really anything I can do to help but put it out there that this occurred and go to the
first hearing and watch and show my support, but it's just totally disgusting.


Anyways I've been chronologically posting all the times I've gone out dressed up, so
I'm going to continue of course.  I got up early Sunday and put on a blue skirt
and jacket for church. I stopped at a trans friendly coffee shop before church.
I was talking to the owner a bit and a musician she'd hired walked in and started
setting up so she introduced me, and I went out and grabbed my harmonicas from
the truck and came back in and we jammed a bit which was fun - a little loose,
but it was cool, looking at the time, I saw Service was starting in a few minutes so
I drove over to church and came in a minute or two late. After service I went to a
trans support group the church has started (run by June R.) I drove somebody
back to her house, changed into a very nice gold dress and the boots with the 4"
heels ( I had tickets for "Cat on a  Hot Tin Roof" at the Guthrie and that's what
I was wearing to the theater) so anyways she was busy and I don't like sitting around
while someone talks to this person and that person on the phone so I made my exit,and
went to the Art Museum ( way overdressed -but it's free and I really need to
watch my spending right now) -so like I said I was way overdressed, but I had
fun, I just felt a little silly.   Then I went over to the church parking lot to carpool over
to the theater (it saves money and lets me socialize with new people) I got a ride
over with another member of the church who was meeting someone I've met
before , and my friend met us at the theater - the show was really good of course,
and way more fun  than some stupid football game (I'm kidding -I'm not that girly
yet but I did have more fun that folks watching the game) after the show we wandered
around the upper level of the Guthrie and looked at the skyline and chatted and I felt
really nice and it wias all lovely - I was pretty conspicuous - I'm wearing a very shiny
gold dress, brown boots with 4" heels I have long, very stong legs, I'm 6' 2" in heels
(5'10" tall)  and a size 16 -so yeh you're not going to not notice me when I'm walking
around like that (heheheh)  a few girls and guys smiled at me, and I'm starting to relax
enough to notice that there are people who are smiling at me - who knows
maybe I will meet someone, but anyways it was wonderful - I went all dressed up to
a show with a friend, and I think this is the first time she's gone dressed up to a show
(I'm an old hand -it's my second time!)  I went home and that was the first full entire day
I've spent dressed as a woman and there was really a lovely experience -really the only
bad thing was how guilty I felt was realizing a friend of mine was in the emergency room
at the hospital while I'm at the theater having a good time - I don't know - it's like
World War II where some people are on the front line and others are in the theaters
having a good time - it doesn't make sense, but what can you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment