Tuesday, February 28, 2012





I got an email from a straight friend who posted a video of the 
Saturday group  I jam with (in boy mode) a very talented female 
singer doing her song and I play a really nice solo on it, and then 
I got another email from another straight friend of a WCCO "Life
 to the Max" segment that includes a shot of me playing harmonica 
-so I was on TV for as far as I know the second time in my life. 
 [I'd post them but I'm always concerned about using other peoples
 names and images in this blog -so I almost always avoid that -except 
for drag performers and the names of Gay bars, and even then I typically 
avoid the use of peoples names]
The first time I was on TV was back when I was flying hang gliders and
 I went to a tow meet in the middle of winter (I'll guess back in 1999)
 so it's ten below zero, and they are towing up hang gliders with snow 
mobiles. (yeh, some people thought we were crazy)  I had a lot of aerotow
experience and a really pretty white, green and yellow Pacific Airwave 
Pulse 11m hang glider, and so after due instruction from one of the 
club members who was an instructor, I said "go, go, go" and got 
towed up by a snow mobile for what is called a sled run (in still air, 
good for training, bad for soaring) now unbeknownst to me, a camera 
crew got this on film and because there were a couple gliders in the 
air and we landed at the same time and all they got some good shots 
-and it was on the local nightly news up in Duluth -so I got to see my
glider in the air - it's odd writing about stuff like this while I lie in bed in
my slip and panties and pumps (I don't know, I felt like wearing heels
to bed, give me a break)  but looking back on it being a guy isn't all 
misery and stuff the way some of the girls make it out to be
of course there have been a lot of really really tough times and a lot
of times like now when I'm almost broke and I don't have a job and 
even with the college education and working hard and making the 
companies I work for a lot of money, there is a major rejection of
people like me, regardless of how straight I try to act
so I don't know, but hey I was on TV, for whatever that's worth


PS - I can't afford going to the non-gender therapist any more,
so I called today and cancelled the next appointment, and 
left it open, but there won't be any more appointments, 
I just can't afford it, which sucks but I'm just going to have to
keep cutting out expenses -I'll still go to my gender therapist
(I have an appointment this afternoon).

No comments:

Post a Comment