Tuesday, February 14, 2012


I recommended to a friend that she see the play the "Naked I" and
just saw her post that she thought that it was awsome, which it is. I'm
going to call her after my interview today (I'm in boy mode
all today, so that'll give me a chance to talk at least)

I'm going to be adding some helping out in the church kitchen
to my sunday routine before church but it's still the same routine
really - it should be fun - and the thought of letting me any where
near a kitchen, well it's a church - they should be safe (I hope).

The job fair was a little scary - getting out of my truck in a nice
skirt and jacket, resumes in hand and looking at the guys in their
suits and thinking everyones going to laugh and stare, but I did
a really nice job on my makeup ( excepet the nails - but the face
was really, really good) and the outfit was conservative but very
ladylike and I felt confidant, so I walked in and smiled and met
the straight everyday working people and talked like I do to
anyone, and I smiled and felt confidant and happy and left
my resume at two of the booths and who knows - it would be
amazing if I got hired as a woman -of course I'd accept
instantly - but I took the chance and it was nice - I was
really proud of myself and honestly it's such a long shot,
but if they offer, I'd say yes so fast, and they;d get a very
happy, healthy, reasonably sane employee who looked forward
to going to work every day - so that's a rare commodity

Oh yeah i forgot to add, so after the job fair I went to the
Mall of America which was just a mile away and I walk
into one of the stores and this guy who works there was
smiling at me, and I smiled back of course, but he was obviously
working and I didn't want to get aqnyone in trouble but
that was nice, I wandered around a bit in broke mode
(ie too poor to actually buy anything, unless it was really
nice and at a very good price) but I did try on some shoes
and looked at some dresses but they were all too expensive
and showed too much arm, anyways so I was going to
catch a movie and I stopped at the food court and Im
eating lunch when someone I recognized but hadn't really
talked to walked by -so I walked over said hi, her friend
showed up we chatted a while, her friend left, we chatted
some more a couple hours later I dropped her off at an
office (she'd just been hired for her first job as a woman,
and they required a drug test) so I'm just sitting there
having lunch and then end up making a new friend like
that is really cool - we're talking about seeing guy movies
like "Red Tails" - which will be fun

No comments:

Post a Comment