Sunday, February 26, 2012



As I mentioned, it's the Sunday routine - I put on my makeup and a dress
(today a blue skirt and matching jacket and black boots, purse and gloves)
go to my church service - it was a pretty enjoyable service, do my maintenance
thing and talk to a few people after service, then go over to a coffee shop
to play with a guy for a few hours, but today he called and said he's miss
this week and nexts. too bad

anyways there were a few people I know from the service there and I
decided to play my dulcimer and concertina a bit,

So I was tuning up my dulcimer, and normally dulcimers are tuned DDAD,
but I was shown a trick to lower the tension on the strings and make it
easier to play - one tunes the strings to CCGC. the strings last a lot longer and require
less finger pressure.  SO I was at the coffee shop after service, and tuning
my dulcimer, and somehow I overtightened the middle string and it broke,
yeh, I snapped my G-string  (bad joke I know)

instead, I just played my concertina, and without someone to play with,
I only did a few tunes, casually, but we all talked for a while,
then I headed over to Como Park - the flowers in the sunken garden
are really pretty right now, it's definitely worth seeing.

so a slow Sunday, but I got dressed up and got out for about seven hours
and it was nice, I get dressed up again Tuesday (for Gender Therapy)
and if the weather isn't too bad I'll take the dog for a walk somewhere
for a couple hours, so that'll be a good day

No comments:

Post a Comment