Sunday, January 1, 2012


I spent New Years dancing with a girl whose dress was a lot prettier than my
white skirt, black boots and purple blouse - so it was fun but a little frustrating,
because she was younger and prettier and drunker and more outgoing and her
dress was prettier and all so , well OK I was kind of hoping some guy would hit
on me and that won't happen when you're with a cis-girl who's prettier than you
 (not that I'd actually go home with him or do anything other than flirt a bit,
but still.... )
I was waiting in line for the champagne for the New Year toast and she asked
me who I was with, and after I said I was alone she said I was welcome to join
her and her friends so naturally I did and had a good time , and I did get to give
a dollar tip to one of the performers who's been very nice and supportive of me
in the weekly drag contests, so it was fun to show some support of her performance
(which was excellent of course) there are a few people I bump into during the course
of a night that I've met before, so that's nice - I don't feel so totally an outsider,but
still I am going into the bar alone and leaving alone, and the boys aren't trying to
meet me or anything so I don't see that fundemental situation changing anytime
soon (sigh).
I had to work (a Saturday -yuck) and didn't finish up in time to get dressed
up for my therapy session (non-gender therapy - yeh I'm so crazy I have two
therapy's now - a nongender therapy and a gender therapy - but both of them
have taken to calling me Stacy, so maybe I'm not so crazy after all) -the session
went well, but it's a lot more fun dressing up for therapy than showing up in
your work uniform and your boy mode. 
Anyways I did start the new year in a skirt (and dancing with a girl) so that's
a good start for the year.  It's Sunday morning so I have to get dolled up
and go to church, take care.
Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment