Saturday, January 14, 2012


Thursday was a lot of fun, I was dolled up the whole day, and
I went to a couple different thrift stores and bought one dress at one and
a couple more at the other,then I  had a meal at Perkins and the waitress was
very friendly (I've yet to have a bad experience at Perkins when I've
been dressed up).  Because I was running really low on funds (the day before
payday) I decided to go over to the Walker for free thursday (but that is
after 5 pm -ouch, but I was there,so I paid the $10 and went in)
I've gone to the Walker twice now dressed up and it is a) a really
fun place to walk around, b) a wonderful place to go if you
just want to get dressed up and walk around -it's almost as much fun
as shopping at the Mall of America, and very accepting and relaxing.
and c) there's some really interesting artwork to look at
I had a really nice conversation with someone I met there who is now
following this blog (that explains the top "caption"  -Hi Jenn!)
and I want to promote a production she will be in in mid-February
here in the Twin CIties (make your reservations now):
http://tctwentypercent.org/season.html

The Naked I: Wide Open

A world premiere play created by 20% Theatre Company Twin Cities,
with the contributions of over 20 local transgender/gender non-conforming artists and allies

so I'm looking forward to that, it sounds interesting

anyways I took Thursday off so I could be dressed up all day and
then go to my second appointment with the gender therapist, but
I was still carrying a little baggage from last night with the "feeling fat"
and some worries about getting a job if I go full-time and all that, so
the session was more real-life issues than gender stuff, but I thought
it was helpful but kind of "one step forward two steps back" in
a way,  It's good to get somethings out in the open and my
concern about weight and making a living are real concerns,
but it did feel like I was going in reverse a bit, -it's only the second
session so patience girl

Friday I had electrolysis (ouch, ouch, ouch) and a long day at work
so I made a fair amount of money Friday actually even after I paid for
the electrolysis I came out ahead by quite a bit
I have to get dressed up now, so take care

No comments:

Post a Comment