Friday, January 20, 2012


I chickened out from going to Gender Therapy in guy mode -I'm still
remembering the last time I went to a Gender Therapist and got the
"Tranvestic Fetish" diagnosis.  My current therapist has never seen
me except as a woman.  I have a couple friends who have never seen me
as a guy and I was talking to a close friend who says she's starting to
forget what I look like as a guy, which is pretty cool, considering how much time
I spend as a guy - but obviously I do spend significant quality time as a woman
now, and last time I went to gender therapy ( a year ago) I wasn't sure sure
I could go out in public in a dress, and hadn't worn one in years -of course
my current therapist is really knowledgeable and isn't a complete horses'
ass like my last therapist was, but I'm still a little cautious about being seen
in guy mode, even though I freely admit I spend a lot more time as a guy
than as a girl and that I just started dressing and going out in public
3 months ago -still, I wanted to be in a dress for therapy (OK I
chickened out -odd that chickening out now means going to a meeting
in a dress and makeup and all, but it's so much more comfortable than
going as a guy when I talk about how I feel),
The session went really well and I was very pleased with the progress
I'm pretty sure there won't be any anxiety attacks this time around, things
are going really well this time.
I had about a half hour before the session, and as it happens the office
for the last therapist is about a half mile away from the office of my new
therapist, so on a whim, I parked in the lot of the old therapist, and walked
up to her office on the third floor, and took a picture of me standing
outside the door en femme, smiling, then I walked back to my truck and
drove over to his office. (it's just a little bit of personal closure -like I said
she's a horses ass, I don't want to deal with her, but that I could walk into
that building calmly and all was kind of nice).
After the session, I went over to the Mall of America, had an Gyro
(OK not great) then I went into a bookstore and bought a book on
makeup for women over 40 and ordered a book for women
who are trans to give to their family members to help explain things
better (my therapist suggest4ed it and yep, I;m thinking of telling
my parents that I'm trans)  after that I went to a womans clothing
store and bought a reallly fun long skirt, then wandered around for
a bit before going home, but it was a fun night.
Thursday I was shaking a cold so I just went home and went to sleep,
and Friday I really, really want to go out, but funds are tight
(I;ve been going out too much and spending too much on woman's clothing)
So I hav e to work tomorrow, but I hope to inexpensively go out in the
afternoon (or evening) on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment