Thursday, January 5, 2012


Last night was the amateur drag finals at the 90's as winner of week 8 ( we'll
gloss over the details, OK) anyways as a winner I was able to compete in the
finals and the other girls were really good.  I put up a good performance but
I don't really see myself as a drag queen, I'm more a musician whose decided
to perform in drag -but many people came up to me and said they really liked
my playing which was nice, and I had a friend show up to support me, and
I'm getting to know some of the people there so it was fun getting to dress up
and look pretty up on stage in front of a good sized crowd, but I wasn't really
competitive to the drag queens who work up the audience and all that,
so like I say it was a lot of fun and I felt kind of pretty and all but I think
I'm done being a drag queen - I;ll still go to drag shows and dress up and
watch as a spectator, just not as a performer.
The bar is starting the whole thing over again so if I do change my mind
I can always enter again, but coming home at 3 in the morning and waking
up at 6 am and then putting in a 10 hour day at work is really tough,
and I've done it for 9 weeks in a row now, and as much fun as it was,
I'm sorry girls but I need to give these 4" heels a rest.
I do want to continue to perform playing my harp in drag, and that
means going to open jams at straight bars, which scares me
but I think I could do it - but it is scary - I am playing really good though
I'll probably start at a couple coffee houses, then a couple straight
bars that are playing the blues, then the ultimate:  make the
weekend drive to Chicago and sit in with some bands there, in drag.
yeh - it's exciting but to really actually do it is kind of scary but that's
the plan.I got a new book over Christmas on photoshop techniques,
so I am going to start doing caps again, and hopefully find time for
the on-site D+X Institute ( a feminizing role play site -it's a lot of fun
but I just haven't had any free time until the last few days)
I have electrolysis tommorrow (it's a slow process) but it's
important, then the weekend yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment