Saturday, January 28, 2012


So who's seen Albert Nobbs en femme? Me.  It's  pretty good, and it's
refreshing to have two transexual charachters who are fundementally
human beings and not icons of this or that principle or concept or
prejudice but the film is petty long and there's not much emotional
range, I thought - there's one funny scene where Glenn Close
cross-cross-dresses in a gown, but really it's more a charachterr
study of a guy who is deeply private and makes his secretive plans
and is a foolish romantic, and hides his female anaotmy, and
longs to marry a woman and start a tobacco shop -
not your typical Hollywood transexual role ( he doesn't
even murder anyone) anyways I was glad I went and I was
really glad I got dolled up for it so that in some of the slower
spots I could cross my legs, or pull down the hem of my skirt or
stroke my stockings or play around with the 4" heels or comb
my wig or etc.... seriously I liked it but it was pretty long.
I was the only person in the showing I went to who was
cross-dressing, as far as I could tell, but there where some
peopke who I would gues were Lebiasn couples in addition
to the middle aged straight couples that predominated.
Before the movie I went shopping at another mall
(Southdale) and bought a really cute 3 piece outfit -
black pants a ruffled silver/gray top and a black  top
piece over thst, I also bought a couple purses at a
store that's goingout of business -so they were $10 ea.
before that I went to my non=gender therapist and
discussed my employment search and coming out
about being trans to my parents - both my gender therapist
and my non-gender therapist think I should come out to them,
and I don't - at least not right now - and you probalby
disagree with me too - so shut up I'm kidding but it's
complicated anyways the other coming out is coming
out at work and showing up to an interview in a
dress when I'm not evebn full time in real life is
probably a dumb idea, But I do plan on going to
some job fairs in a dress and handing out my resume
at those events and that will be fun!

So I go to church in boy mode tommorrow (for the
first time in three months or so , then I pick up some
theater tickets and run over to the bar for a sound check
then kill a couple hours and play my harmonica with
my band, then, I dunno hang out with anyone who
I know that shows up to see me play - but it'll
be fun - I was supposed to maybe have a date but I never
heard anything back on that so I'm going  to assume
he wouldn't show up anyways, and just
turn in early tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment