Tuesday, January 3, 2012


maybe I'm cured - I had Monday off and I didn't  get dressed up,
of course I had planned on spending the day dressed up with a friend
but when I didn't see her Sunday at church I wasn't sure if I should call
or not so I made other plans , and I had spent a lot of money shopping
at the Mall of America Sunday with another friend who is pre-op trans,
anyways, being cured  I spent the day as a guy, and dressed up as a guy
I went to the walmart and bought some makeup and body lotion and razors
and false eye lashes and stuff for the Wednesday drag competion, then
I got a haircut and my eyebrows waxed, then I got my ears pierced
and bought some CD's of female blues sin gers (I've settled on Etta James
version of Houndog in the key of D as the song I'll go with).  I also took the
dog for a couple walks - because I felt I've been neglecting her with the long
hours I've been working.
So back to the ear piercing because I hadn't really researched what all is
involved in an ear piercing - basically I wanted to get my ears peirced so I
could wear something dangly at the drag competition.  Turns out it doesn't
work that way - I wish the girl who did the piercing had told me this before,
not after the piercing because I'm supposed to wear these earings for the next
6 weeks, but clean them witha solution twice a day and rotate them twice
a day.  I had no idea I'd be wearing earings for the next six weeks - but
every one else seems to know that little detail   - in my guy life, I'm really not out
about being gay or trans - well I am and I'm not -I'm not advertizizing it, or at
least I wasn't but I'm getting looks from a lot of people now - and it's like the
earing kind of confirm what they were suspecting I think - it's not that people
are looking at me in a bad way, it's more like I'll be talking and the girl will look
at me and see the earings and smile, so it's not unpleasant just I'm not used
to being so open in guy mode about advertizing that I'm gay, which is
kind of odd, because in girl mode I walk around for hours dressed up and
a lot of people know I'm a guy in a dress (I assume) - so it's odd I'm
so secretive in guy mode and so open in girl mode.

No comments:

Post a Comment