Friday, April 1, 2011


I have a job interview in a few hours - so that's all I'm focusing on right now.
I good job would really help everything right now - it's amazaing how much
of my life has been given to employers - I've literally made guys hundreds of
thousands of dollars a year in profitable sales, and gotten very little for it - not
on the human side, certainly not in compensation.

It's one of the real downsides to being someone like me, and a very good reason
to get out of sales - I make these guys rich, and where are they now - nowhere.

But that's why I went back to school - I want a job that isn't directly tied to
making the money - I want to work hard, deal with people one-on-one, solve
problems,  make enough money to get by, and buy some pretty dresses
(I won't mention that at the interview, but what the Hell, it's a hobby)
I actually went into therapy about this and even the therapist said I'm just
a cross dresser.  It's pretty harmless compared to base jumping.

So the first caption was made for Dementia at Rachel's Haven.
As is the second which I did several months ago (so the 2nd one's a rerun)
Her blog is way more interesting than mine you can check it out here:
http://deelusionsofgrandeur.blogspot.com/?zx=f18ce6df7324d26a
the third cap is one I did for Jennifer a while back and I haven't
promoted Jennifer's site enough - so definately check this site out:
http://jenniferstgcaps.blogspot.com/?zx=4c5ba153fdb47d3e
I visit this site often and leave comments pretty regularily as Samantha1.

then a couple more captions thrown in because I have nothing really to say today.
I did get paid last night - Yeah! and the Department of Education still has not
started garnishing my wages (yeh from my part-time, minimum-wage job) so
to celebrate, I bought some Rogaine - yeh it's thinning up there, so I'll see
if this helps (I'm such a sucker for stuff like that). 

Anyways I'll update this post when I get back this afternoon
Circus tommorrow! Yeah!

UPDATE - the interview went really well. I won't hear for a while, and
someone else is still to be interviewed, but this would be very good,
if I get it - I would really be happy with this position - and I really have
worked hard and sacrificed a lot to pull this off - I mean if it happens,
I'd really be thrilled and happy and proud  (Apollo 13 reference). 
And if not, I came in gave my best pitch, and that's just what I'll do
on the next interview, and that's just what I'll do when I finally land a job. 
I was so happy till I read the post about Rachel's room troubles
 - I remember talking to my ex-therapist about all the real-life troubles
I was going through and talking about some of the real-life problems the
people around me are going through, and  she stated " doesn't that make
you feel better?" and I said "no, I want to hear about people I know
succeeding" I mean that, honestly - I'm fed up with misery loves company,
even if I can't win, I want to hear that somebody I know wins, somebody
succeeds -Somebody has to be winning, somewhere -these are tough times.

UPDATE #2 - it looks like there's some kind of problem with my paycheck
clearing thru the bank - so I won't be going to the Circus unless they take care of
it tomorrow (Saturday) which is unlikey - I'm bumming, because I won't be jamming
either or doing anything all weekend - no gas, no access to my money -this sucks -
it's supposed to be nice out, so maybe I can take a long bicycle ride, put
some miles between me and all this frustration. 

"YOU KNOW THE SUN'S GONNA SHINE IN MY BACKDOOR SOMEDAY"
.......I believe that

Update #3 (blush) - of course,  what I meant to say was:

"YOU KNOW THE SUN'S GONNA SHINE ON MY BACK PORCH SOMEDAY"
(Very Freudian, and kind of embarrassing )

1 comment:

  1. I've been working on a pc all day, and have to get back to it tommorow. Little sleepy right now, but I wanted to just stop by and say I'm very happy to hear the job interview went well. I hope you can get it! Sorry about the paycheck though.. I've had that happen many times.

    I haven't got a chance to read through the whole post, but I wanted to say thank you for the suggestions on the songs. (I'll hear them tomorrow if I can get the pc up and going in a timely manner.) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete