Friday, April 29, 2011

So OK I've been blowing you all off, I'm sorry but I've been
super busy -OK quick critique of the dress (as if anyone cares
what a cross dresser thinks about fashion, but here I go):





The veil when Kate wore it down was super sexy - just gorgeous, but when she
pulled it back it just sort of hung there looking flat, and lifeless -not exactly the
image one wants to invoke for a wedding - but I really liked the veil and the
boquet.  The lace looked really sexy but then it came to the sleeve it just looked
awkward - it reminded me of an ill fitting sweater I have and don't wear, but the
lace itself is really pretty.  I liked the length of the train but the square cut at the
end made it sort look like it was just cut to 10ft (or whatever that is in meters),
like someone said let's cut it here and they did, but that's all they did, no pretty
extra details, just a little too practical.  The waist detail -with the
stuff sticking out the side also look awkward to me -but she has a very tiny waist
(very anorexic -I mean that in a good way since she has been starving herself
I'm sure under medical supervision) but this is all real nit picky stuff, because
it was a dress that was supposed to be really straight forward and elegant and
with a few extra details thrown in and some work well - the veil (worn down),
the neckline, the overall flow of the gown - it really is very pretty so of course
overall grade is an A, us cross dressers just have to be mean because we're
jealous.

So next topic -I've been on Match.com looking to make a connection with
men ( I don't mean that in the plural, but you know what I'm saying),
and recently I e-mailed a local guy, and he e-mailed me back, but he
didn't seem very responsive to my email.  So, I'm like well,
I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and e-mail him again [one thing he
was writing about was relocating, and I thought he was local -I've
restricted my search to local men] -I get another strange, unresponsive
e-mail asking me about my favorite color and stuff like that, and still not
answering where he lives, so I e-mail him and politely say this isn't
going to work. Then I get an e-mail yesterday and he's talking about
wanting my phone number and to ignore his Russian accent and all that,
and I'm picturing that I am probably talking to some Russian spy in
Moscow or someplace -obviously I didn't respond, the last
thing I need is the CIA monitoring the e-mails of writer of Transformative
Honeymoons - trust me I'm not bringing in any Gay Russian moles.
USA! USA! USA! Trust me, I'm red (in an American way) white and blue,
seriously.

So I was kind of bumming about that Match.com effort, until I got a really
nice e-mail from a guy I e-mailed a few days ago  (it's not like that OK -I e-mail
very very few guys- really I'm not like that -if you've been reading my blog,
you know I'm not like that -really ).  Well, he actually read my
letter, and, he seems really nice, and so yeh (pitter-patter, sigh)
we'll see -I'm going to write my response after I post this,
but, he seems nice....

I'm going to a play tonight with this group, I found on meetup, so I'm
kind of going alone, kind of going with a new group but it's a fun play,
and I haven't seen it and it could be an enjoyable night out.

I don't really have anything else right now but I should have a bit more time now,
and I'll go over my latest plan to actually go out in public in drag sometime in the
next few months (to the Gay 90's) - but that'll be my next post.

Take Care,

Samantha

2 comments:

  1. Hey! Such wonderful news here. I am sorry I haven't made many comments lately, but some personal issues came up here and there.

    Very happy to hear on the answer back for match and the group meet up. ^_^

    I watched the wedding and thought she looked beautiful. But I can see why people have a problem with the lace, it looks like it would bug me if I was wearing something like it.

    And your going out in drag? oh, that sounds like fun! ^_^ Fun but a little nervous. heh

    And I didn't get to say so before, but I love the new look. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! Thanks and good to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete