Sunday, April 3, 2011

Leave it to Best Buy to hire a 61 year old cross-dresser as the token Trans
spokesman -I mean the guy hasn't changed his name and won't even disclose his
real name (i.e. his male name) because it might be embarrasing when he goes to
church as a man!  Probably with his wife and kids - this is a joke right?

It must be really nice to assume some girly name and put on a dress and go to
work and act all sissy all day and then come home to your manly life on the nights
and weekends, Seriously where can I get a job like this? I'll be trans for a day.

I'm sure he's a sweet guy and all, but he's even less trans than I am.  At least
I use the same name on the weekdays that I use in church  on the weekend
(OK it's my male name, that sucks I know, I'm working on it OK). 

But seriously I was terrified at the idea of walking around as some freakazoid
half man/half woman trans person - and the thought of surgery is even ghastlier,
but I do admire people who have had the courage to face that and prevail.
Let them in the doors at Best Buy, Let the phony corporate types meet
someone who has shown genuine courage and lived with humiliation and hate
and all the idiocy that people like the owners of Best Buy promote -then
write an article about it - but this, this is a joke.

here's an excerpt:

For all her transgender advocacy and workplace assertiveness, Sheridan leads
a life in which she keeps much private, including her legal, male name. She said
she is in a long-term romantic relationship, but does not identify with whom.
Nor does she name the church she attends, because she does so as a man.
However, she doesn't see herself as having two identities. 

(what a load of rubbish)

and here's the link:
http://www.startribune.com/lifestyle/119065389.html
http://www.startribune.com/lifestyle/119065389.html?page=2&c=y

I'm sorry but really, if it was someone other than Best Buy I'd
ignore it, but from them, this is a joke.

Anyways the music at my church was really good today - there's a female singer
who was in really good voice, and the chorus, well the chorus was making a
"joyful noise unto the Lord", but they are having fun and celebrating, and
I really don't want to be mean to everybody today -I'm sure if I ever met
"Ms" Sheridan I would feel really horrible about all the mean things I just said
about her -it's not her -it's Best Buy and their total phoniness on this issue.

UPDATE - someone actually linked to this one - I don't think that has
happened before here's the site -it's an interesting, very opinioted site,
worth a look:
http://anna-es-asi.blogspot.com/

so I left a comment to clarify where I'm coming from on this issue:

Blogger Samantha said...
my objection is that he has
chosen to use a false name in
the workplace -and not reveal
his legal name - while talking
about people who are not leading
this double life, and do use their
legal name as the one and only
name they face life with.

I also do genuinely believe that
Best Buy's owners are against people who are genuinely trans
or generally LGBT and they chose
to hire as a consultant someone
who is not LGBT deliberately,
in order to make a mockery of the issue. I Boycott Best Buy,
but I'm sure they really don't
give a flying you know what about
what I do, or think.

Technically I do not consider a
non-openly gay male professionally
performing under a drag name
(which is what he is doing) to
be LGBT.

I think I probably should have thought thru this before I wrote
it - because my objection is
legitimate - my tone was bad,
and it comes off as mean to
someone who like I admit, is
just as trans, and not trans,
as I am - but then, I am not
a paid consultant talkikng
in a major newspaper, representing
myself on a very, very important
issue = an issue which does cause
the loss of life of some very
good decent people, and does
not seem to be improving in the
real world where you and I live.

(hey I'm suprised anybody seriously reads some of the nonsense I write over at my
blog!)

No comments:

Post a Comment