Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Spring Break


So I'm on Spring Break from classes this week, which explains how I'm able to
post as often as I have lately.  I've been catching up on some sleep and  pigging out,
eating five or six big meals a day.



Oddly enough, I only gained a couple pounds - it's really tough to gain or
lose weight right now at this excercise level (2 hrs per day, 1800 calories,
Aerobic exercise focusing on the legs so that I don't bulk up in the upper body)
but now I'm going back to one meal per day- which works well for me.

I really needed a break -I've been running on fumes lately.  I should be sending
out resumes, but instead I'm dinking around with captions, and taking my
dog for a walk, but when I'm walking I've been practicing my female voice,
which is coming along nicely -it's kind of fun really once you get used to the
general weirdness of it all, I like it actually - I can't go a full octave up from
middle C -so I can't use it as a singing voice (my voice breaks at A#), but
I'm using a tuner, so I'm getting pretty close to being in tune - I think a voice
that is in tune to concert pitch C would be pleasing to most peoples' ear.
anyways, enough shop talk (I uploaded a sample -but I'm not really far
enough along in the exercises to be doing conversation in a female voice,
so it's not very good)



I'm going to St Paul tommorrow for St Patrick's day - the Landmark Center
puts on a really good Irish music and Dance event. It's fun watching the girls
dancing in their outfits and showing off the various dancing schools, but they all,
to their skill level give their best effort and support each other
an all that, and it's just fun to watch.  The music is all Irish Trad, some of it will
be really good, some eh, whatever.  I work in the afternoon and I get paid then,
so yeah!, but yeh, enough said about that - my growing list of things not to talk
about. [Afternoon update - I didn't make it -there was a Natural Gas line explosion
that screwed up traffic pretty good]

Saturday I have a ticket to a Drag fashion show at Bryant Lake Bowl, so that
should be fun.  I might do the Met Opera Movie thing in the morning, but I
haven't heard from the people I go with if they're going, and I don't want
to go alone, so we'll see.  I'm kind of sick of going to fun places alone -it would
be so much moe fun to go with someone who's interested in me, sigh.
It's hard getting out with as little free time as I have, and money being as tight
as it is, but it's important to make the effort, and I am.

Match.com is totally useless as a way for me to meet Gay guys, I mean nothing.
It was a complete waste of money, sigh.  Oh well,  it was worth a shot, I suppose
using the word "feminine" doesn't really help me much, but I mean they're going
to figure it out at some point. I really didn't dwell on it, just mentioned it in passing.
Regardless, like I said nothing -a complete waste.

I'm falling asleep, so I going to just finish up right here.

PS I've found a local (Twin Cities) therapy clinic that offers $50.00/session therapy for
 coming out and things like that - I might try that on a once per month basis -it's not
Gender Therapy. There's no blanking way I'm going near a GT again, but therapy about
coming out and some general issues about my weight/body image could be helpful.

PPS - got my paycheck, and no garnishment on this check, so see what happens in 2 weeks.
well hopefully reason prevails.

No comments:

Post a Comment