Sunday, March 27, 2011

I've decided to stop calling my church the "gay church" because
of the very high percentage of LGBT people attending services.  I've come
to realize that if that's the criteria, there's a local church I'd have to
refer to as the "asshole church" by similar reasoning, and that wouldn't be
very Christian of me, would it?  So from now on, it's just my church, or
the church I attend (I haven't formally joined).

So at my church today, the service was from Exodus, and of course for me,
and most people in the audience, the story of Moses leading his people from
Egypt through the Wilderness has a very strong resonance. 

A little aside -the writers name I've chosen for myself (Stacy Wilderness) is a
personal acknowledgement of how important this story is to me - I think of it
every time I write my name (not Stacy silly, that's just some girly name).

The Pastor mentioned that the word being translated as "wilderness" also
meant "inhospitable place" and he talked about how we in our lives leave
"Egypt" and  go through the "wilderness" and this makes sense to me.
I understand.

I understand - Egypt is not in Africa, slavery is real, the wilderness
is real, and this is a real church speaking to me, that's why I'm going OK 
(Oh I'll admit it -it is an interesting place, too)

What you want a caption that has something to do with the text?
OK, how about this:




No comments:

Post a Comment