Thursday, March 3, 2011

My Experience with Gender Therapy





Hi Jennifer,  Regarding your comments:

"I'm sorry you quit your therapy, Is this something you discussed with your therapist?
Did she agree that it wasn't a healthy thing for you right now?"

It was pretty obvious by the fourth session that she'd lost interest in these sessions
and was just continuing them because she made the mistake of taking me on as a
patient in the first place.  In her defense, she did take me on at an hourly rate that
was half or less of her normal rate  on the hope that I would turn out to be a
legitimate SRS and not just another sissy faggot - I was such a dissapointment
(sigh).

By the fourth session she made he diagnosis that I was a cross-dresser, and I told
her as soon as I heard this that I was not a cross-dresser, but that's her diagnosis. 
Of course in high school I was a classic textbook cross-dresser, but high school is
30 years ago, and sure I would get aroused wearing dresses, but back I'd get aroused
by practically anything. The point being that I had not worn a dress to obtain sexual
arousal in 15-20 years, and the minute I hear the cross-dresser diagnosis, in my mind
I had to question her compentence as a Gender Therapist.  It is a bizzarre diagnosis,
because really I'm like a recovered cross-dresser and she should study me because
there is a cure!

Again, in her defense, the only reason she took me on as a patient was
because she thought I might be a SRS candidate, and of course once she decided
this wasn't the case she was stuck with some loser who was paying her half  what
she was worth, and just wasn't very interesting and there wasn't anything she could
do to help me out -my life is pretty much fully fucked up these days, and short of
pumping me full of drugs and mutilating me, what else can a Gender Therapist do
to help out people like me?

After the third session, and after the fourth session I was getting hit with some pretty
significant anxiety attacks, I told her in the fourth session about the anxiety attack
I had after the third session, we talked about it bit to clarify the severity of the attack,
and then spent the rest of the session talking about some cross-dressing I did in High
School, then she diagnosed me as a cross-dresser, I told I wasn't a cross-dresser,
she disagreed with me, and then we scheduled the next session for a couple weeks
later, with her saying it wasn't important if I didn't make these sessions - so yeh
I'm cured.

I cancelled the sessions by email:
Subject: I'm going to cancel any more sessions

therapist name,
 
Thanks for your help and patience with me, but money really is extremely tight
right now, and your preliminary diagnosis as a cross dresser does clarify things,
sort  of (at least there's no more to it than that).  Honestly in my day-to-day life,
I can't think of any negative impact being a cross dresser has on my life (other
 than the obvious fact that it's been years since I've done any cross dressing,
but why not - I need a hobby).
 
Seriously though I really don't have any significant issues with self-identifying as a
cross-dresser, so that's good news, and it pretty much eliminates any need for
Gender Therapy, especially in light of what are extremely difficult times for me
financially. ............

and her response:

Thank you and all the best to you.

So yeh, it was kind a really bad choice to do this, and it has put me in a hole,
but I've been through tough times before, and in a way, maybe the other hard
times have been to prepare me for these times. I dont think all Therapy is bad,
but the specific field of Gender Therapy is a joke, and I would warn anyone
not to do this, unless all you want out of it is the letter to get pumped full of
drugs and mutilated -because that's all they have to offer -take it or leave it.
It sucks - but that's the truth.

Things aren't all that bad -it's just really frustrating right now.

This post is a year old - I am currently seeing a different gender therapist,
who is a psychologist and I find these sessions helpful and valuable,
I honestly question the competency of Willow Counseling in St Paul
and had an extremely bad experience there, but like I said a year later
I am seeing a therapist about my gender issues and a good therapist
is as helpful as a bad therapist is harmful.  


Like most reasonable and intelligent people who have even a  basic
knowledge of these issues, I do not feel "Transvestic Fetish" is a serious
diagnosis - it is rock solid proof  however that your therapist is a horses' ass


Note added 3/18/12

Anyways these are all done on computer ith some regular pictures of my guy-self
you upload t this site:  http://www.taaz.com/  it's kind of fun if you're a cross-dresser
like me -ad it does help show what to avoid - I could show you some really hideous
makeup -sadly, these are best ones:
 

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear that sweetie! "hugs" I wonder why she focused on your cross-dressing from back in high school. I wish it had all went better for you.

    I've never been in therapy, (but i most likely need it! heh) but I don't plan to bring up any of my gender confusion and fantasy's. heh. So I'm afraid I can't offer any advice. but, have you thought about sharing some of your experience on the haven? Maybe some of the girls there had something similar happen to them.

    I love the first picture, and I think the pc make up job on your second pic was pretty nice. I love the shade of pink you went with. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, red lipstick really doesn't work on
    my face, and I like having something pink,
    so yeh pink and a little glossy on the lipstick
    is pretty nice. Doing the top and bottom of
    the eye in black is critcal too, and red is my
    color for hair (I'm naturally a strawberry blond
    anyways). I think the top one the foundation is
    a better shade, and the hint of a smile helps
    of course. I still have a lot of cheek fat because I've lost a good deal of weight in a
    fairly short time, but I'm losing this facial
    puffiness, it's just taking time.
    So much to learn,
    Thanks Jennifer

    ReplyDelete