Sunday, June 12, 2011

I was over at the D+X Institute role play site yesterday, trying out the chat line,
and someone mistakenly wondered what the big deal was about Transvestic
Disorder, and so I started explaining about how the diagnosis is used by
Gender Therapists to drop patients they don't want to see anymore, and
how being diagnosed with Transvestic Fetish will prohibit any chance
of transitioning (thru Gender Therapy, there is always "other"  routes,
of course) and all that, and I'm thinking this just isn't fun - so I'm going to
just drop the whole subject - fuck it - case closed (the ransom note is
my parting shot at the whole bogus quackology).

This isn't a histrionic statement, there are essentially two groups in the
metropolitan area I live in that provide "the letter" - and the other
group is far more cautious and delaying than the one I went to, and
would obviously want to review the previous records. I can't imagine
the ultra-cautious, take-it-slow institution over-ruling  the previous
diagnosis.

In my case, if I did ultimately decide I wanted to go the HRT route,
my options are pretty limited - I could seek out a local therapist who
isn't as well known ( I don't have a clue who that would be -and it
is an assumption such a person exists).  The other legal options would
be to move to another city, move to another country, or try the "on-line"
therapy, which, I dunno, maybe it's legitimate.  Certainly the on-line
therapy is the only one that has any realistic probability of actually
happening. 

Of course one of the things about this type of on-line
therapy is it does provide an avenue for people who have made up
their mind, and don't give a flying fuck what the therapist
says, they're going to do it, and this at least keeps the procuring
of drugs in the legal system rather than forcing them into illicit
avenues to procure the drugs. So it's not really therapy, I  don't
think, it's just an aknowledgement that Gender Therapy doesn't
work and doesn't help a lot of people. These people shouldn't be
turned into crimminals just because of the failure of the system. 

Of course a lot of people never bother with the system and seem
to procure the drugs relatively easily, and I don't think there is
any effort by law enforcement to crack down on this (nor should
there be - people are doing this to increase their survivability, not
hurt others or themselves).

So when you start looking at the real world situation, the advice "get
help from a gender therapist" is kind of bullshit actually, once you
have a Tranvestic Fetish/Transvestic Disorder diagnosis and
if you can't afford  more therapy, and don't have health care,
your efforts probably are better spent on procuring a good, and
"as legal as possible" source of drugs if that were your choice.

Sure it's risky, but is it any more risky than having sex with men
(even with protection)?  This really only applies if you really,
honestly, are going to do it anyways, and have been
diagnosed with a Transvestic Fetish.  If you're just somebody
stuck in a dreadful situation with the wife and she doesn't understand,
your right - I don't understand either. Why would you want to
screw up your life like that?  Seek Therapy, Seriously.

Honestly it's all hypothetical if the therapist is right or even half-way
right in a half-assed sort of way (i.e. if my ultimate destination is to
be full time, except when I'm at work, and never try to go on HRT
or transition to full-time at work, and assuming I ever find an effing job)

Speaking of half-assed, I'd forgot I'd given my account number to
Match.com, so I guess I'm doing that for another three months, which
sucks, I need the money,and nothing has come from this. 
Oh well, I guess I'm gonna try it for a couple more months.
I'm not hopeful.

I was going to go out tonight, after work but, as I just said, there was
an unexpected deduction, so I have to stay home both this week and
next, but then Pride Weekend is here the following weekend, and
that'll be fun. That's why I had time tonight to do a caption. I didn't
go out.  So yeh, my continuing half-assed effort to meet some nice
guy continues in the lonely isolation of my bedroom. Sigh.

That is my last word on this whole "Transvetic Fetish" nonsense, I promise.

anyways a couple reruns:


Take Care,


Samantha

No comments:

Post a Comment