Monday, November 22, 2010

Somewhere between here and there

I really like this caption a lot.
The visual idea behind it is really simple: somebody stepping out of
the shower and seeing themselves in the mirror and a silly idea pops
into her head and she writes "Hi friend!" - but I think a lot of people
could relate to coming to a point in your life where you finally stop
hating yourself, and start accepting yourself and then you can make
real plans and achieve real goals (and realize that the goals you are
setting are the real goals).

When I finished this caption I sent this to someone over at Rachel's
Haven, and I had to modify the weight lost because I didn't want to
make it seem like I was calling her fat but in my case for 11/15/2010
the real number was 30 pounds, and I'm pretty proud of that because
it has all been eating healthy meals and excercise, and getting a good
nights rest. So, obviously I'm not the girl in the picture (bummer, eh?),
I'm just someone on the road between here and there. Probably
won't ever there, but so what -  "hi friend!"

Technically the effect is really simple - I took the original image
copied it to a new layer added the mist effect on the second layer,
then erased the letters using a wide, soft brush to reveal the
underlying image - it took longer to write about then to do
simple, effective and like I said I really like this one.


No comments:

Post a Comment