Sunday, November 14, 2010

Shilunatuna

I like this story, but it's a little unusual, so I thought I'd go ahead and post it
while nobody is reading this blog.

It's kind of  transformational myth, so you just have to go with the flow,
and accept things as they happen when you read it, but I think it's fun.

The story took me about 5 hours to write this story spread out over a couple days,
and since I spent this much time on it, I didn't spend a lot of time on the graphic design. 
I did however spend some time on modifying the first image to 3-d so I thought I'd mention
how this is done, because it's pretty cool.

The starting image is an old Elvrgen pin-up girl image I found on the web.
to view it in 3-d, you need the red-cyan glasses.  to convert a 2-d to 3-d
you need to make two separate images and combine them into a single
image (I used a freeware program called Anaglyph Maker) and it just
takes a second once you have the two images.  You all ready have
one of the images, it is just the unmodified 2D drawing. Then I go
into Photoshop and carve up the drawing based on how far away the
pieces are from the "camera"  for instance the bears nose is closer to the
camera than the girls face and so I'd shift it further to the right and do this
with the other pieces, save the drawing and because I shifted the pieces
to the right, this would be my left side image in the Anaglyph, so Viola!
3D image of a 2D drawing. - The problem is that people on
the Internet don't have the 3D glasses in their hands and they're not
going to go out and get one, so the appeal is very limited.

Anyways, I hope you like this story




No comments:

Post a Comment