Thursday, November 25, 2010

Girls Night at the Circus

I watched "The King and I" on DVD last night -one of the
greatest musicals ever written, by the way, and have had those
"swirly, girly" songs in my head all day (I'm not complaining,
I'm just saying). 

I'll be spending a Traditional Thanksgiving (hint - traditional)
with my parents, and my brothers family.  It'll be nice, but it can
get long sometimes, so you sit and smile, and eat too much.


On to business!
I made this caption this morning from a hand sketch I've scanned
in, and I thnk it came out really good - it took about 2 and 1/2 hours,
and what really jumps out as I read it is the central figure is now married,
so yeh, what's up with that?

Well, honestly, I've been wondering if there might be a little bias in TV/TG
captions against people who present themselves as having an interest in
men (which sounds kind of funny really, but I'm going try a few married
couples, and see if I get a more positive reaction)

So without further ado:
I'll explain who Berta Beeson (the guy on the high wire in the posters) is in my next post
Here's the drawing I started from (most of my hand sketches look like they've
been in a war zone - I use the eraser a lot)

No comments:

Post a Comment