Monday, September 12, 2011



So this better be progress, huh..

I was really nervous about going to the Minnesota trans health and wellness conference,
but I did register using my real name, and on Saturday I walked in, picked up my
name tag, thought about hanging around for the keynote speaker, walked around the
block a couple times still had 15 minutes to kill, so I hopped in my truck and went
home - OK you're right, I'm a wimp

but I did pick up a schedule and looked at the Sunday schedule and decided I
was actually going back and attending some of these workshops, so on sunday
I went to learn about Electrolysis. which I am considering on the face - it is permanent,
but I have no desire for facial hair -it's totally gross and my hair has no melanin in it,
so laser is not an option from what I've read.  Anyways I was impressed by the lady,
we talked a bit after.  It'd cost about $100/month and take over a year, but when I shave
close,my skin is very soft for a man, and I don't like that afternoon stubble feel, but
shaving twice a day is absurd - so I think I'll probably do this.
So the next conference I attended was a doctor doing non-genital surgery (breast
augmentations, rhinoplasty, forehead contours, etc all sorts of stuff for trans people)
he does offer a free consultation and I'd like to see what would be on my wish list
for plastic surgery, but honestly financially it'll never happen, except for a nose job
(rhinoplasty, I've read I need to budget around $3000 to $6000) I'm going to try
and save for this in 2012 -that would be exciting and would really improve my
facial feminization and overall attractiveness a lot. I'll probably pick a doctor
based on budget and skill but I wouldn't want an extremely feminine nose, just
one a lot smaller and more symmetric, so I would want any good plastic
surgeon who has a good track record with noses. 
Finally I went to a pharmacists presentation -Estrogen 101, which talked
about the drugs, the doses, the costs, the side effects, a lot of really good
information on soemthing that is for 2012 largely academic, but it is good
to know, and you can learn a lot listening to people who have undergone
SRS or are transitioning.  all together it was absolutely fascinating, even
though I didn't see the keynote speaker on Sunday either (I went home
and played with my dog, because I was playing my harp later that night)
So I learned a lot, and I'm going to follow up on the electrolysis.

Anyways I went on-line today and ordered some female undergarments,
from a couple places and hit my self-imposed daily girly limit of $100.00
so that's the end of my fun for today.  I'm still too much of a wimp to
walk into a Wall-Mart and just buy what I need, but I need to get
everything together and see how I look.  Even if I'm a train wreck,
I'm still going to the cross-gender club meeting (either in Oct or Nov)
just to say I did it, and so that they can see my progess over this
upcoming year (remember I did lose 45 pounds and kept it off compared to
September of last year, went through a year of tech school and found
a job in the field I went to school for, came out as Gay (even if I haven't
met a guy yet, which sucks) - the point being I can achieve
a goal when I make it a priority, so I can lose another 45 pounds, even
if right now I'm struggling, I'll figure out how to do it) )
tommorow I think I'll order the make-up based on an on-line Taaz.com
makeover (see last post) -which should give me pretty good results
in real life (I hope)

So I'm counting that as progress,

Take Care,

Stacy Wilderness

No comments:

Post a Comment