Thursday, May 5, 2011


So here, you look at the the picture and I'll go get the surgical thread.
OK this is in bad taste, but I'm going with it

Let me explain I'm reading a book called "A Son of the Circus"
by John Irving (who wrote "The World According to Garp")
and it's about the the circus, and dwarfs, and transvestite whores,
so this looks like an interesting read to me.  I'm on pg 60 or so and
I come upon a description of becoming a hijra (who are religious
third-sex people in India - I do want to discuss the third-sex concept
in another blog because there is some interesting history and a lot of
validity to it) but OK here's the description verbatim:

"But as a surgeon, Farrokh found their method of emasculation
truly barborous.  Both castration and sex-change operations are
illegal in India, but a hijra's "operation"-they use the English word-
is performed by other hijra's.  The patient stares at a portrait of
the Mother Goddess Bahuchara Mata; he is advised to bite his
own hair, for there's no anesthetic, althought the patient is sedated
with alcohol or opium.  The surgeon (who is not a surgeon) ties a
string around the penis and testicles in order to get a clean cut-
for it is with one cut that both the penis and testicles are removed.
The patient is allowed to bleed freely; it is believed that maleness
is a kind of poison, purged by bleeding.  No stitches are made;
the large raw area is cauterized with hot oil.  As the wound begins
to heal, the urethra is kept open by repeated probing.  The
resultant puckered scar resembles a vagina. "

You're going to love where I'm going with this-
I think it's safe to say that doesn't sound like a very good idea to me.
But I have been thinking that maybe I did overeact when a couple
of months ago I first read in any specific detail what is involved
in HRT and SRS and all that, I had a pretty strong emotional reaction
to it, which may have been a little immature, but I can say I have a good
reason for that - I am a little immature.  Seriously though I would probably
get really grossed out watching a doctor remove an appendix, and feel
a little queasy reading the warning labels on anything stronger than a bottle
of aspirin, so my reaction to all that may have been a little well, over the top.
So I'm going to, this weekend try to go on some of the sites and re-read
some of what is involved in taking hormones, and SRS and all that, and at least
think about it a little bit more maturely - but the first time you look at it
in detail it is like ewwwww gross! OK I know that the second time around there
will be an icky factor, but there are serious considerations too, I mean if you take
the Cogiatti and get scores like this:

well, it's hard to take on-line tests seriously, but it's not like there's nothing to it either,
go back and look at this blog and you see what  I mean.  I dunno, but just to scream
and run away and go gross, yuck, eww, etc that's not the right response - so I'm going
back to reread some of this about what medically they are doing for people who
think they may be trangender candidates, and think about things.

Otherwise I did fill out an application today, did some online job hunting yesterday,
seems to be a lot out there and a lot of people looking, but I only need one job,
and I can't settle for no job - so it is what it is.



Take Care


Samantha

PS someone made a comment on one of my makeup pictures which I use
as an avatar on another site- she said I had a gorgeous face, which is
a) silly and b) really nice, even if it is silly.

PPS - here's some more info on this Goddess
from http://www.goddessaday.com/hindu/bahuchara

Bahuchara is the Hindu Goddess of castration. She is particularly worshipped by the hijra of India, the transgender and “third sex” community. There are several stories telling of her origin, but one says that she was once a maiden who was attacked by outlaws while traveling. Fearing that she would be raped, Bahuchara cut off her own breast and offered it to the outlaws. She also cursed the outlaws with impotence, a curse that was only lifted when they began to dress as women and worship her. In the present day, impotent and transgender men self-castrate as part of their worship of her. Bahuchara is depicted riding on a rooster, carrying a sword, a trident, and a book of sacred writings. Her name is also seen as Bahuchara Mata, Bahucharaji, Bahuchari, and Bahucara.

No comments:

Post a Comment